Chapter 92

The first batch of popsicles was promptly eaten by the knights, and the ones who didn't get a taste eagerly sat around to wait for their turn.

I hurried back to the kitchen, asking Lionel to help me pour the rest of the mixtures into the molds and freeze them as well.

When Lionel and I walked back to the training field with the rest of popsicles the knights immediately started cheering for me. Even Commander Landon gave me a smile, and I buried my face into my hands in embarrassment as my ears heated up.

"These popsicles would taste even better during the summer, I bet," I overheard one of the knight's words.

He had already finished his own popsicle and was staring jealously at his friend, happily munching on a strawberry flavored popsicle.

Lionel and I ate our own popsicles under a tree, just sitting in a comfortable silence, listening and watching the knights joke and laugh with each other.

Lionel finished his first, standing up and asking me, "Do you need help washing the molds and forks?"

"It's okay, I'll wash them myself," I replied, standing up as well to go back to the kitchen where all of the dishes were left in the sink.

He nodded in acknowledgement, and we parted ways.

Feeling tired from a pretty long day, I quickly rinsed and dried the forks and molds, then headed back to my room.

I crawled into bed with a book, curling up in my blanket next to my lamp, and started reading, but slowly drifted off to sleep.

-----

"Corvalia."

"Hmm..." I struggled to open my eyes.

I heard another whisper, "Corvalia, wake up..."

I felt someone's hand shaking my shoulder, and I blinked my eyes open, vision clearing to see Rex standing over me.

I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes and yawning.

"What's wrong?" I mumbled, still barely awake.

"I brought you some food in case you were hungry," he said.

"Huh?"

He helped me get out of the bed, and I sluggishly walked over to my desk where Rex placed the plate of food in front of me.

"Oh, thank you!"

"Can I talk to you for a bit while you eat?" he asked, nervously tapping his foot.

"Go ahead," I replied, sitting down in my chair and picking up the fork.