Chapter 81

After dropping that bombshell on me, Rex patted me on my shoulder and then told me, "There's something else I have to say too."

He scowled, "I don't know if you've heard, but you might be getting engaged to the crown prince."

I blinked in surprise. "Oh, yeah. I did hear something about that, actually."

"The imperial family isn't a big fan of us," he continued. "But our family is the best candidate for a marriage partner, so you've been chosen."

"And that just puts me in more trouble with Lady Catherine," I replied.

He nodded, and Lionel piped in after hearing our conversation.

"The prince is around Isaac's age, about 9."

"Oh, I see. Do you know what he's like?"

The three of them shrugged their shoulders.

"We've met him before but we weren't really able to interact. But he also has a sister your age."

The main character... I kind of want to meet her! Hopefully she doesn't have a really bad opinion of me yet.

"When will I be able to see them?" I asked.

"You actually want to meet the imperial family!?" Lionel asked, shocked.

"Why's that such a surprise?" I complained. "I think it would be nice to get closer to them. I need friends."

"You have your siblings," Isaac pointed out.

"I thought you changed!" Lionel exploded. "Don't tell me you're still obsessed with meeting the crown prince! Has Lady Catherine been feeding you garbage information again?"

"No, I haven't even seen her in a while," I replied. "Anyways that's enough of this. You're coming with me to the blacksmith tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, I am," Lionel responded.

"I want to come too," Rex cut in.

"Me too," Isaac added.

"Okay, I'm fine with that. As long as I get to go to the library. Is it possible for me to get my own library card?"

Lionel shrugged, "I think we could probably register you for one. Let's get out of this room, I want to eat those cookies somewhere nicer."

"Okay, let's go to the garden then. I'll get the other three outside too, so just wait for me," I rushed out of the room. Rex and Isaac followed me out the ballroom as Lionel went back to grab the plate.

A/N: Now that winter break has ended, I'm finally going back to school schedule. Can't wait for all of the homework and exams T-T