Chapter 15

I had to hand it to Sir Leonard, he really knew how to choose books I would be interested in. The book, titled Everything Beginners Need to Know About Alchemy, drew me in quickly. It was different from boring textbooks and lengthy essays.

It's almost like reading a fantasy novel.

I closed the book and flopped on my back, resting my eyes for a few moments.

Alchemists usually make potions for the knights and other frontline fighters to help aid their stamina or heal minor wounds. I wonder if I could combine that with food somehow.

Most of the ingredients used in potion-craft could be found in a garden, and luckily, my home already boasted a very impressive one. The problem would be getting the other rarer ingredients, like special magic stones and animal parts.

I don't think anyone would drink those potions if they knew what kind of animal organs they were putting in some of them, I shuddered at the thought.

I turned over in my bed, messing up my sheets even more, and looked at the time.

Should I start the bread before or after dinner?

I rolled over in my bed again, too tired to get up and go to the kitchen.

I'll just read a bit more, I thought while grabbing the book, I should wait for all the workers to leave the kitchen after dinner before starting on my bread.

I looked at the cover of the book, and stared at the author's name.

Sir Leonard Windsor... Sir Leonard wrote this book!? My eyes widened at this new information.

Wow, he's a great writer. I guess he really is worthy of being a scholar. But his last name... wasn't there another character with that name as well?

I sat up in my bed, trying to think harder.

Windsor... Windsor... like the commander! Oh!

Sir Leonard had the same last name as Commander Landon Windsor, who led the First Order of Knights under the Voltaire family.

He's one of the first characters who died to Rex in the story... and he was described to look exactly like Sir Leonard! Long brown hair and brown eyes... Maybe they are siblings? I should ask Sir Leonard tomorrow.

I rolled onto my stomach and opened the book to where I left off. I felt happy at this new information I got.

If I get on the commander's good side, maybe he can help me in the future. I'm excited for tomorrow, and today hasn't even ended yet!