𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 20

~Sunghoon is mine...~

-Start of Chapter 20-

After bidding Riki goodnight, Sunghoon and I make our way through the corridors of the palace. The moonlight spills through the windows, casting a gentle glow on the polished marble floors. As we walk, Sunghoon breaks the silence.

"How was your day, My Lady?" he asks, his voice a soothing melody in the quiet hallway.

I recount the events of the day, starting with assisting Jay in searching for ancient books in the morning. Sunghoon listens intently, his admiration evident in his gaze. "You're truly dedicated to this cause," he remarks.

I nod, a determined gleam in my eyes. "Time is of the essence. We need to find the cure as quickly as possible. Every moment counts."

Sunghoon, however, wears a concerned expression. "My Lady, you should rest. Your body needs time to recover from the training, and pushing yourself too hard won't expedite the process."

I chuckle softly, appreciating his genuine concern. "Resting is a luxury we can't afford right now, Sunghoon. Our fates rest on finding the cure, and I won't let fatigue hinder our progress."

He sighs, shaking his head in mild exasperation. "You're as stubborn as ever, My Lady. But I understand your determination. Just promise me you'll take breaks when needed."

I smile, thankful for his caring nature. "I promise, Sunghoon. Now, let's visit the garden. It's my sanctuary, a place where I can find a moment of peace amidst the chaos."

We make our way to the enchanting garden, the fragrance of orange blossoms filling the air. The moonlight bathes the flowers in a soft glow, creating a serene ambiance. Sunghoon and I find a secluded spot, surrounded by vibrant blooms.

As we find a quiet spot in the enchanting garden, the atmosphere is filled with the delicate fragrance of orange blossoms. The moonlight casts a gentle glow, turning the surroundings into a magical haven. Seated beside each other, we engage in a casual conversation. Sunghoon's presence is a comforting anchor, and for a while, we forget the weight of our responsibilities.

"My Lady, don't feel bored always staying within these palace walls?" Sunghoon asks.

I sigh, "Well it's better that my home at House TXT. However I must admit it can be quite boring."

"What would you like to do then?"

"I don't know..." I say. With my eyes fixed on the starlit sky, I allow my dreams to surface, "I would once like to spend the day as a normal person. Wearing normal clothes, eating normal food. Perhaps visit the market. It's a simple dream, but one I've harboured for a long time."

Sunghoon responds with a soft smile, acknowledging the allure of such simplicity. "That sounds nice."

My eyes gleam more, "You know, Sunghoon, I've always wanted to have a picnic in a sunlit park. Enjoying ice cream with the laughter of children surrounding us. Breathing in fresh air, free from any worries" I exhale quietly, and Sunghoon looks at me, his eyes reflecting a genuine understanding and care.

"That sounds a dream" Sunghoon looks at me smiling.

Curiosity rises within me, "What your dream?"

Sunghoon chuckles, yet his eyes show a kind of emotion I can't quite comprehend. "I don't have a dream My Lady. Right now it would be to see you happy."

Sunghoon cups my face and my heartbeat raises.

As Sunghoon's hands gently cradle my face, a warmth spreads through me. His words linger in the air, carrying a weight of sincerity that resonates deep within.