chapter five

Eon-jin's POV

After we had lunch and some snacks, we decided to go home. Tae-pyung offered to take me home.

"You don't need to take me home. Maybe they've been looking for you already, I can manage."

"We're close to your place, and the bus station is also nearby, so it's fine."

Soon, we arrived at our place, and Eomma opened the door for us.

"Oh, there you are. Hello, Tae-pyung," Ji-ah greeted warmly.

"Hello, Ma'am. Good evening. How are you?"

"I'm pretty fine. Have you had dinner yet? Join us, I just finished cooking."

"Eomma, Tae-pyung needs to go home. They are already looking for him."

"Is that so? Arasso, next time. Be careful on your way home." Eomma went inside the house first.

"Thank you again for earlier, Tae-pyung. I had a great time. I guess I don't owe you anything anymore, huh?" Tae-pyung chuckled and gave a nod.

"I had a good time today, even though you were eager to eat a lot." I glanced at him playfully, but truthfully, I really ate a lot.

"Well, you always offer more food, everything we ate was so delicious." He laughed and tousled my hair, and then smoothed it down, making my cheeks blush once again.

"I suppose we both satisfied our appetites today. Thank you as well, Eon-jin. I really enjoyed it."

"Alright, go home, they're really looking for you."

"Okay, I'll just message you when I get home. Bye, Eon-jin. See you on Monday!" By the way, we exchanged numbers earlier. Does that mean we can be textmates?

As Tae-pyung's silhouette faded from view, I made my way inside. A playful smile adorned my mother's face as she looked at me.

"Looks like my daughter is in high spirits. Any good news for your mother?"

"Eomma... You won't mind if I develop feelings for Tae-pyung, right?"

"No, my love. As long as you're happy, I'm more than happy for you." I embraced my mom, then proceeded to share the details of what happened today.  After that, I headed to my room, settling onto my bed when I remembered the pictures we had taken together in the ice cream shop. I swiftly retrieved the picture from my bag and glanced at it. Unaware that I was smiling, a sudden recollection of what he said about the girl he likes crossed my mind.

I furrowed my brow and clutched my chest, looking our photo once more. "Perhaps she's attractive enough for you to like her?"

I closed my eyes as my phone unexpectedly beeped. It's from Tae-pyung!

Tae-pyung: I'm back home. Get some rest. Drink a lot of water as you ate a lot of ice cream earlier.

Eon-jin:  You too, rest now.

"Isn't my reply too cold?" I wondered. It didn't take him long to reply right away.

Tae-pyung: Did you wait for me to text?

"How did he know..."

Eon-jin: Ani, I'm about to sleep when I received your message.

Tae-pyung:  Arasso. Sleep well, Eon-jin 💤

I laughed at his use of emoji.

Eon-jin: Good night, Tae-pyung 😴