Chapter 14: Ember Spreads

So apparently we're going on vacation, kind of. We have a lead on the normal elementor over in Newfoundkinawa, so we're going there with everyone that has powers, including Blake, though he's not an elementor, along with Derik and Em. Derik is coming because there's a reunion for his middle school's archery team in the same town we're going to. Anyways, Moon and I met to talk about Flora's breakdown, apparently she went through some really traumatic stuff, the stuff that would make Moon stop reading your mind, but we were worried, and it's basically that someone helped her from that incident she was in, she fell in love with him, they couldn't meet again, and then she fell in love with Phaze, but is suppressing her feelings, hoping to meet the man who saved her, the man in the blindfold. So, she doesn't actually fully know that she's in love with Phaze, and she's one of only two people who doesn't know how she feels, the other being the only being denser than a black hole, Phaze.

I'm at the airport now, and we were put in groups, there wasn't enough room on one plane, so we took three, most being on the first flight, Star and the brothers being on the second flight, along with Derik, and then the remaining four on the third flight, me, Flora, Phaze, and Em. The boys went to get snacks, and we just finished putting our baggage on the plane, I'm now walking to a juice stand with Flora, and after getting strawberry for me, and kiwi pineapple for Flora, we were walking to some seats, waiting for our flight to be called, as the boys were handling everything else. Someone ran through us, knocking over Flora and her drink, and she didn't stop to apologize, so I stopped her, she tried to brush me off after I grabbed her shoulder, but even once she saw my face, recognizing me, she pushed me away.

"Hey. Apologize."

"Sorry, I'm in a rush, I just saw someone, and I have to go now." She said, getting out of my grasp like Phaze trained me to a while ago, so I countered like he told me to. "Was that- Phaze's move?" she asked.

"You know Phaze? Self-deprecating, sassy, sarcastic, one eyed, magenta haired. That guy?" I ask.

Her face lights up. "Is he here? Can you lead me to him? Please?"

"Apologize to my friend first. With sincerity."

"I'm sorry, it was incredibly rude of me." She said sincerely. "My name is Reika."

"Oh, it's fine, you seemed in a rush, I'm Flora, and I believe you know who Alma is."

"Oh, wait- you're that alma? No wonder you know Phaze. You're the fire one, right?"

"Elementors- you know the prophecy?" Flora asked.

"You- are those cat ears? Are you the life one?"

"Yeah." Flora replied, standing up and pulling out a handkerchief to deal with the spilled drink on her shirt.

"Could you please introduce me to Phaze, or I guess re-introduce?"

"Sure." I said.

"No need." Phaze said, walking over with Em, who has a drink and a wet floor sign which he promptly placed down. He then handed flora an unopened drink.

"Kiwi pineapple." He said.

"How did you know? You're so prepared."

"Call me the king of convenience." He said jokingly before waving flora and I to the entrance of the airplane.

"They didn't call our plane yet." Flora said.

"Grab your carry on." He said as he snapped his fingers and then the announcement came on for our airplane. How did he do that?

"No liquids, so drink quickly." Em said before grabbing a small briefcase and went in line. Then Phaze and Reika came to us.

"Em will sit with you two, I'll sit next to Reika, we have a lot to discuss." Phaze said before going in line.

Once we got on the airplane, Em spoke up.

"I found out the name of Phaze's ex."

"Really!?" flora blurted out.

"Woah, calm down a bit, but yes."

"What's their name?" I ask.

"Reika. Uncommon name, I know. I think it's a cool name though."

"Excuse me, did you say Reika? As in the person Phaze is talking to?" Flora said nervously.

"Oh, I didn't know that girl's name, but if it's Reika, then maybe." He said before putting headphones on.

"Alma. What do we do?"

"I guess we call moon."

"We're on an airplane."

"Oh no."