Prologue

I've decided to edit my prologue and make it shorter yet mysterious one. So here it is.

There are typographical errors and wrong grammars ahead so if you don't t like reading flawed story, you can leave. I'm not forcing anyone. But if you'd like to continue and feed your curiosities, read at your own risk. It means a lot to me:) Thankies🤍

- iam_angiela

------------------------------------------------------------------

YURI

In the early morning, a knock at my door interrupted my peaceful sleep. "Yuri, anak. Please open the door," my mother's gentle voice echoed from the hallway. It was a surprise; she usually let me sleep in on weekends.

I opened the door to find her smiling. "Good morning, sweetie. Can I come in?" she asked, her smile never fading. I nodded and let her in, curious about her early visit.

She sat on my bed and held my hands, her eyes are serious. "Yuri, your father and I have made a decision. It's sudden, I know, but it's for your safety," she explained. My heart pounded in my chest.

Safety? What was she talking about?

"We're sending you to a new school, Wormwood Academy. It's a safe place, under their protection. You need to pack your things today," she said, squeezing my hands. Their protection? Who were they?

I was confused but I trusted my parents. I knew they loved me and wouldn't want to see me hurt. I agreed to their decision, even though it meant leaving them behind.

The next day, I tried to find information about Wormwood Academy on the internet, but I found nothing. It was as if the school didn't exist. But then, a thought struck me. I rushed to our home library, to a yearbook my mother kept.

Itim ang kulay nito ngunit kulay ginto ang nakasulat na pangalan sa front cover. What made me confused was its name. It doesn't seem to be a year book because the name written on it was a person's.

Marc Wayde Domeo

To my curiosity, I slowly opened it.

As I looked at the photos, I saw my mother's younger self kasama ang mga classmates niya. Nakasuot silang lahat ng maroon na toga hawak ang kanilang mga diploma. Ngunit ang nakaagaw ng aking pansin ay ang lalaking nakatayo sa likod ni mama. Malalim ang kanyang mga mata at hindi nakangiti. Parang nakatingin ito sa'kin at sinusuri ang pagkatao ko. It send me goosebumps while looking at him.

Then a realization suddenly hit me.

This man was my father and Marc Wayde Domeo wasn't a person.

It was Wormwood Academy.