CHAPTER ~ 22

Do vote guys 💗🌜

POV :~ AARAV

She wanted to visit her home and obviously I couldn't deny her as it was her mother's birthday today so I agreed to take her along with me.

I know she loves her mother a lot and her mother loves Hridya too. Honestly, she and her sister are the only two people I genuinely respect in her family. Rest all doesn't deserve my respect.

On the way back to house, I visited a jewellery shop and chose a beautiful neckpiece for her mother as a gift for her.

I reached home and yanked the horns of my car. Hridya peeped from the window and I signalled her to step downstairs.

She was approaching towards me with slow steps as Aadya was too in her arms. I cannot deny, but they look adorable together. No one could say that Hridya isn't her biological mother.

The way they've bonded in the past months is incredible for me.

She stepped closer and I helped her settle inside the car.

She was surprised when I forwarded her maa's birthday gift. But this was the least I could do. She respected my parents more than her own, she showers love upon them and keeps their utmost care. She fulfils all the responsibilities of 'the elder daughter-in-law' of our family.

And as a son-in-law of her family, it was my responsibility.

When we reached inside the home, we touched everyone's feet and luckily Shivam Sharma wasn't around.

After wishing maa, I sat on the sofa beside Hridya and Aadya was in maa's arms.

Di came and sat beside Hridya and hugged her tightly. I smiled looking at them.

But suddenly she spoke in a loud voice, "Happy Birthday my little sister".

My eyes opened wide. I couldn't realize what just happened. Hridya thanked her and looked towards me.

I was staring at her with my open mouth.

How come I don't know this? She didn't even tell me about her birthday. Not only me, but no one in my family knows, otherwise we would have celebrated her birthday in an elegant way.

Does this mean that she doesn't value me and my family? Does this mean that she don't want to share her things with me, even as a friend?

What's done is done! Atleast wish her now Aarav.

Di stood up from her place and I tried to shift closer to her so that I could wish her. But she stood up from her place and went towards Aadya as she had started crying.

She started roaming around the hall with Aadya in her arms trying to coo her.

After Aadya slept in her arms she sat again beside me and made Aadya lay down on the sofa between us.

"Hridya", I called her name and she looked at me.

As I opened my mouth to wish her, a familiar voice reached my ears.

"Hridddu".

I turned back and found him standing behind us.

I made a face looking towards him but Hridya stood up immediately and ran towards him. They hugged each other and Kshitij wished her,

"Happyyy birthdayyy".

Hridya slapped his chest lightly and said, "How many times will you wish me, idiot?".

Means I was the only one in the house who hadn't wished her yet.

"I can literally wish you the whole day," he uttered and they both laughed.