CHAPTER ~ 9

POV :~ HRIDYA

It's night. I was sitting on the bed and patting Aadya's tummy slowly as she has fallen asleep just now. She slept today with so much difficulty. She had been crawling around the house the whole evening.

Everything was going normal. Preparations of Aadya's Annaprashan ceremony was going on.

Aarav ji seems to be busy these days. He goes to office quite early and returns quite late. Our sleeping places has been exchanged because by the time he comes home, I'm already asleep. He sleeps on sofa and I sleep on bed with Aadya.

Aadya is a sweetheart. Usually, children wakes up at the middle of the night and some even remains awake the whole night. but she, she is a pure bliss. She sleeps peacefully at night. And if by chance she wakes up and starts crying, just a bottle of milk pushes her again to her sleep.

When I was new to her, she used to cry a lot when I used to pacify her. But now, I think she has become habituated of seeing me, staying in my arms the whole day and also sleeping with me. I think, she is accepting me as her mother.

In the previous two weeks of our marriage, I have analysed this thing that these people, who are now my family, are really kind and good. Unlike my ex in-laws.

Mumma cares for me. Nikita sits with me whenever I'm bored. Avi, is such a cute baby. Nikita even told me that his first birthday is coming really soon. She was so excited when she was telling me about her plans for his birthday.

I wanted to buy new clothes for Aadya too, but I was awkward to ask about it from Aarav ji. And also he stays at home quite less.

The door of my room opened suddenly. Aarav ji walked in and I settled myself properly. He kept his laptop bag on the table, took out his night suit from the wardrobe and disappeared inside the bathroom.

I was amazed, how he came so early today.

The door of the bathroom opened and he entered inside the room again. Seems he has taken a bath!

I got up from my place and was moving towards the sofa. A voice stopped me, "It's okay, You can sleep on the bed".

I turned towards him. He was drying his hair. Damn, he is handsome!

"No, it's okay. I've been already sleeping with her since last week. Aaj aap soiye Aadya ke sath", I gave him a smile.

"Okay", he said with a smile. A smile. He smiles too?

I shifted myself inside the blanket on the sofa.

Should I ask him about shopping? Yes, you need to Hridya.

"uhh- Aarav ji", he was sitting on the bed and using his phone. He looked up towards me and replied, "Yes".

"Umm- I wanted to go on shopping", I said.

"Sure, you can go where ever you want to. I'll ask the driver to .", I cut him off in the middle and asked in a go, "I wanted to buy new clothes for Aadya so I wanted to take Aadya along with me".

"Why?" , came the reply from him.

"For her annaprashan ceremony", I replied.

"No, you don't have to do these things. I'll buy for her if I want to", he said.

That was quite mean. He says he wants a mother for his daughter and when I want to buy new clothes of my choice for my daughter, he isn't allowing me to. I expected that he wouldn't let go Aadya with me but he directly denied me to buy anything for her.