13.0

Today was Friday, and the court session for Zo had finally wrapped up

Today was Friday, and the court session for Zo had finally wrapped up. I felt a wave of relief wash over me knowing that the worst was behind us. Zo wasn't put back on house arrest, but he did receive a sentence of community service, which we had expected. He seemed content with the outcome, understanding that it could have been much worse.

"You okay?" I asked , rubbing his back as we walked out of the courtroom.

"Yeah, I'm good, Ma," he replied with a reassuring nod.

Exiting the courtroom, I spotted Aubrey waiting for us. He had opted to sit further back during the proceedings to avoid drawing attention to Zo. A smile lit up his face as our eyes met.

"Hey, thanks for coming," I said. Aubrey pulled me into a hug and planting a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Of course, you know I would be here. I told you and Zo that," he replied, glancing over to where Zo was engaged in conversation with Klay. I know that it shouldn't but that sight bothered me. Zo had every right to know his father, but I couldn't shake the feeling that Klay might be filling his head with lies. Aubrey noticed my concern and glanced in their direction.

"How's that going?" he inquired.

"I'm not sure," I admitted as Zo finally made his way over to us. He exchanged greetings with Aubrey before turning to me.

"You good, Zo?" Aubrey asked, his concern evident.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just happy it's over with," Zo replied, a hint of relief in his voice.

" I'm sure." Aubrey nodded.

"Uh, Coach G are you still able to hook me up with the community service hours?" he asked Aubrey.

"Yeah, I got you! Matter of fact, you can work with me at the school. I had a spot for you at the office, but the school would be better," Aubrey suggested.

" Aubrey, now you know this isn't supposed to be any fun for him." I smirked

"Nah, it isn't what he thinks," Aubrey chuckled.

"As long as I don't have to go to jail, give me what you got."Zo just shook his head.

After leaving the courthouse, Aubrey escorted us to my Range Rover. His arms enveloped me from behind as he admired the car. Zo had got into the drivers seat, I decided to let him drive.

"I swear this red is sexy, just like you, baby," he remarked.

"So, dinner and a movie tonight? And we can discuss you coming to Ohio with me," Aubrey suggested, turning me around to face him.

"Yes, we can do that," I agreed with a smile as he leaned in to kiss me.

Suddenly, a car cut in front of us, and I noticed Klay staring at us. Zo promptly got out of the truck and walked over to his car.