0.6

April and I have been texting back and forth and Facetiming for the last month

April and I have been texting back and forth and Facetiming for the last month. We've really gotten to know each other. We haven't had our date yet but she agreed to it. We've both been very busy. Zo finally found out I was the one sending April flowers. The little nigga had a lot to say. He even threatened me, but I'm not surprised. He seems cool about everything though.

" Aight! Practice over. Tomorrow night is the first game of the season. I want to see what I've been seeing during practices and scrimmages..." I talked for a few minutes, giving them one of my talks before heading to my office.

" I'm here tomorrow!! Shit finna be a fire game!" Zo said just as he followed me. I sat down at my desk.

" Yes it will be, I'll come get you from school tomorrow after I leave the downtown area. Of course, if it's ok with your mother. Make sure you have her permission Zo, don't have me on her bad side.

" Just keep sending her those flowers, Teddy bears, and the chocolates." He laughed while looking down at his phone.

" She received some today, my boy." He shook his head.

" Man, I still can't believe you're trying to get with my mom. That's crazy, Coach! Now the guys are on me saying you're my pops." He laughed.

" How the hell do they know?"

" They saw you the other day when she came to pick me up." He gave me a look before looking back at his phone. I thought back to the other day. April came to pick Zo up, we were standing outside of her car talking.

"We didn't even do anything," I mumbled.

" That hug was extra long. I thought you weren't going to let go of my mom. Had your dirty ass hands all on my momma's waist! TJ was recording and everything." He shook his head.

" My bad." I laughed.

" Yea yea, you just keep in mind what I said. My momma has me and my Uncles. Remember I told you about Klay?" He looks up at me as I type a few things into my computer. Hearing the name made me stop and look at him. He had been having issues lately with his dad trying to reach out.

" Yeah,"

" He said he'll be at my next game. I don't know how I feel about that. I feel like I should tell him not to come but another part of me wants him there. I don't know why. This nigga has never done anything for me! You've done more for me in the short amount of time that I've known you than he has in my 16 years of life."

" I get you, have you talked to your mom about it?"

" Nah, I don't want to upset her by having him there."

" Talk to your mom about it, that a decision I have no business being a part of. All I can do is tell you to do what you feel is right." He was looking down at his hands. I could tell this was really bothering him.