10.0

Later that morning, I woke up in Aubrey's arms

Later that morning, I woke up in Aubrey's arms. He was still asleep, and I knew he was exhausted. I didn't want to wake him, so I tried to lift his arm, but he just snuggled closer to me. Honestly, he couldn't get any closer.

"Where are you going?" His groggy voice asked.

"I need to get up, you know I can't stay in bed long after I'm up," I replied.

"Well, I'm here, so you have an excuse," he said, smiling as he nuzzled into my neck, kissing me.

My phone then rang, and I tried to reach for it, but I couldn't. Aubrey sat up some, reaching for it.

"Here, baby," he handed me my phone.

It stopped ringing before I could answer, but immediately another call came through. I had no idea who this was.

"Hello?" I finally answered. It went through a brief recording before connecting.

"Hey, ma," I heard my baby's voice.

"Zo, baby, are you okay?" I asked. He was quiet for a minute.

"Ma, I'm ready to get out of here." Both Aubrey and I sat up in bed.

"I know, David is working to get you out. You'll be limited in what you can do, but at least you'll be home. Just stay strong, baby, you'll be home in a day or two," I said, trying not to cry. Aubrey sensed that I was about to cry and rubbed my back.

"Zo, just stay to yourself; try not to get into it with anyone," I continued.

"Ma, I'm no bitch... I mean punk. I'm not going to let anyone talk to me any kind of way," he said. I shook my head listening to him.

"Okay, Baby, but I just want you to be smart and be careful," I said.

"Hey Ma, does uh... does Coach G know about this?" He asked.

I looked at Aubrey, and he didn't say anything. Even though they've known each other for a short amount of time, I knew Zo really looked up to Aubrey, and that anything Aubrey thought or said really mattered.

"Yeah, baby, he knows." Zo was quiet before he spoke, again.

"I know he's not going to want me to play for the team now," Zo mumbled. Aubrey was about to say something but changed his mind.

"He's not going to look at you any differently, baby. He knows that it was a mistake and that you made a bad judgment," I said.

"But, ma!" The call ended before he could say anything else. I started crying again, and Aubrey held me, letting me cry.

After an hour, we were up and showered. Aubrey had it in his mind that my parents heard us last night.

"Baby, you weren't exactly quiet," Aubrey said while looking through his luggage. I watched as he pulled out some Nike sweats.