The promise

In the middle of the night the whole prison was silent. The light burning inside of it wasn't very bright and most prisoners were sleeping. The hours slowly changed till the sun started coming up. A black figure suffocates a guard in the back of an office and casually walks out of the prison, the sun shining on his face. Revealing the relaxed smirk of the young man.

I tremble as I try to escape from the ropes that are binding me to the chair. The white robes of the others all have stains from the crown. The crown is carried by the sheperd, the white points of the crown are decorated by thorns. He brings the crown towards my face. "This is the first step little lamb" He whispers. I look closely at the crown drenched in blood and it turns out that it is made from bones and antlers. I try to move my head but hardly can. The shepard places the bloody crown on my head, the warm blood slowly runs down my face, slowly invading my eyes. I try my best not to scream but I do know that I am crying.

I wake up with cold sweats. For a moment I forget where I am. I take a deep breath. I am home, my phone rings. I sigh, wondering who has enough nerve to call me this early in the morning. I take the call. "Neo Crassus." "Agent Crassus, your patient has gone missing. You know, that one who claims to be the devil" "What?! Samael?! Is that an euphimism for the fact that he escaped?" There's a long silence. "Yes" I facepalm and grab some trousers. "I will be there in half an hour." I say while I try to get my hair to stick with it's usual style. I hang up the phone and immediately call my mother-in-law.

"Good morning Emily, I apologise for the time but I really really need a babysitter for Duarte" She hears me out and immediately agrees to come. Five minutes later she is standing in front of the door. I open it and hug her. "You are a life-saver" I say. I want to go when she hands me a small lunchbox. "I thought that you wouldn"t have time to make one so I took some leftovers." "Thank you so much Emily. I appreciate you so much!" I say while I step into my expensive black car.

I enter the high security prison and curse between my teeth. There is so much going on that it overwhelms me. I take a deep breath, I don't like to be surrounded by a lot of people. I don't like this at all. They open the door to the cell. I look around when I notice that an airvent has been opened. "Is that normal?" I ask, the guard shakes his head. "But it is not big enough to fit any person, not even a child." I step onto the bed and look at it. "What about a snake?" Escapes my mouth. "Well, sure agent." The guard says, quite confused. "Why would you ask that?" he asks. I shrug, "no reason in particular." I say while I inspect the vent and I find a note. I quickly hide it in my jacket and step off the bed. "I will need to report this, your prison will probably be investigated by the FBI and so will the murder of your guard. I am afraid that I will not lead that part of the investigation, but I am the one you need to contact when anything about Samael is more clear." The guard nods. I shake my head. "High security prison" I say with a scoff.

I close the door of my car and close my eyes for a minute. I wish my life was easier.

Samael

I walk through the park and look at the swans swimming in the pond. I look at the black one and smile, that one is the most beautiful, but many people will call him too dark. The world is a strange place I smile while I search for my lighter to light my cigarette. "Do you need a light?" A young man with long white greyish hair says. "Yes please, do you want a cigarette too? What brings you here Gavrel?" He smiles and shakes his head. His almond eyes are lined with gold eyeliner and he is wearing a beige turtleneck with over it a loose fitting white blouse, his beige pants are also loose fitting. "You bring me here Samael. You could say that I have read the paper." He says while lighting my cigarette. I smirk, "I didn't know you could read." "I didn't know you could be so stupid." Gavrel answers with a bitter tone. I look at his wrist and I see a tiny black drawing. "A new tattoo?" I ask. "We are talking about you" He says with an irritated tone.

"Come on Gavrel!" I say with a smirk. "I am just having a bit of fun! You used to be so much fun too!" He shakes his head. "That was before.....before you know what!" He hisses back as he digs his nails in his hand. "You need to sort it out Samael, sort these things out with yourself." He gives me a card. "We believe he will be able to help." He says, I look at the card. It's an old business card from Leonid Crassus. I laugh. "He will help me?" But when I look up I cannot find Gavrel anywhere. "Oh Come on!" I scream. I shake my head as it begins to rain. I bite one my nails and sit down on a bench near the pond.

Neo

I look at the headstone. I hate the fact that the coffin under it is empty. But I am still happy we have a grave for Miguel. I sit down at the grave and put the lilies and carnations on it, the carnations are for Oliver and I choose the lilies. I close my eyes. When I open them I see that next to the flowers someone put down black roses. I frown and look at the person with the long black coat standing next to me. My eyes widen as I reach for the gun. "What are you doing here?" Samael puts up his hands and smirks. "I promised I could escape"