45

The feeling of being so helpless was inevitable. It pained him that he couldn't help anything to bring things back to their original places.

Jacob wanted to be someone who could fix this problem arose. He wanted to be someone who contributed even the smallest thing in solving the problem. And above all, he wanted to be someone who could make his sister happy.

He did think that maybe all this started from him. His utmost care towards Soobin which maybe people viewed as unnecessary and excessive had led Soobin into a pit full of misery.

But, Soobin knew why her brother did all that. Never did she ever complain because the protectiveness he showered over her was what she needed.

From the back garden of the house where he carefully sprayed the liquid fertilizer over the dying daisies, he could see the window of Soobin's room. Normally, she would open it, ventilating her room with fresh air, but after the incident with Juyeon, she stayed in that suffocating compact air.

3 days.

It had been 3 days since the videos of her confronting Juyeon leaked within the campus. It had been 3 days since rumours about them resurfaced, and it had been 3 days since Chae Soobin received weird stares again from the whole campus. Just like before.

Jacob's mother had found out about the issue. And she had barged into her room this morning, blown out. It wasn't really about the fight she cared about, it was about something else Juyeon had launched to make things worse.

"You create this mess yourself, Chae Soobin!" The lady hissed as the girl emotionlessly shed her tears. "What if your father finds out? Do you even care about his image and his reputation?"

Neither Soobin nor anyone else could predict that Juyeon would go this far - fabricating pictures of the siblings that were supposed to look normal as a family yet had given different ideas to the viewers.

And to stop all this, Juyeon made it clear, "Come back to me."

She couldn't and she definitely, wouldn't. Not after she confirmed that all these miseries were from him.

Jacob could've felt the pain Soobin was in. She had to deal with her surroundings while being on campus, and then she needed to deal with his mother at home. She didn't deserve this -truly.

While he sat on the garden chair, taking off the gloves, the pitter-patter of footsteps crushing the grasses was heard but Jacob didn't care to check, he knew who could it be.

As the person took the vacant seat on the other side, then only he flashed a smile and asked, "How is she?"

Minju sighed, slumping down the chair as she caught the sight of the wilted daisies. So, the daisies resemble Sunwoo's feelings. Now, the feelings faded, and the daisies chose to die as well - she thought, another sigh escaping.

"She cries a lot," Minju turned her head to the older. "She feels terrible and scared that her father will find out. And she hopes, your mother can find a good way to help settle this just like before."

It was then Jacob's turn to sigh. He was interested more in the clear blue sky than anything else that he kept staring up. In between, he felt relieved because Soobin's wish would get fulfilled no matter what it took.

"My mother surely will get it done. She's worried more about this family's reputation than the kids' condition." Slowly breaking his gaze off the sky, he looked at her. "She probably has started working on it. Chae's father will return home in 2 days."

"Look Jacob, if anyone hasn't asked you yet, I'll be the first," Minju suddenly said, as she planted her elbow on the table separating them, her cheek laid on the palm. "Are you okay? If this matter goes bigger than back then, your image will be tainted as well. You're well known."