30

"You what?!"

"Repeat that!"

Sunwoo was amused by the reactions given. Though they made him scoff, he wouldn't lie that they also made him feel the cockiest.

Scrunching his nose with a teasing grin adorning his face, he clicked his tongue before he repeated, "I said, Soobin and I are getting to know each other."

Once again, precious reactions were portrayed on each face of his friends.

"Oh my god..." Kevin gasped as he clenched the fabric over his chest.

"What did I miss?" Eric jolted forward across the table they occupied in the cafeteria, trying to reach for Sunwoo's collar. But, of course, he failed - his short arms were blamed.

Sunwoo proudly crossed his arms as he slumped against the chair, his smile was the widest whenever Chae Soobin was in his mind, taking up all spaces.

"Something did happen which I can't share with you guys." He pointed out resulting in Eric groaning in disappointment.

While Kevin - he was in denial. His mono-lid eyes kept blinking, and the pupils wavered along the length of the table. His head seemed to have worked fast digesting the unexpected news he just received.

And he couldn't comprehend.

"Sunwoo, don't lie!" He took out his phone, and the screen faced the boy. "I can text Soobin right now to confirm."

Strange enough, Sunwoo had expected this. His acquaintances had always been expecting failure, they had always thought that he would give up, and above all, they had always thought that Soobin would reject him first.

Well, it was true though. She did reject him. But, whatever the reasons behind it, Sunwoo ain't never wanted to know, he just wanted to be grateful for the fate to have changed her mind.

Sunwoo wasn't afraid if Kevin wanted to confirm, he gladly beckoned him to use the phone which the older flinched - a bit challenged.

'Chae, is it 1 or 2?' was the first text he sent, and Eric next to him who was peeking over, scoffed.

"Seriously?" The younger asked. "What the hell you're asking that?"

"Shut up!" Kevin glared with his mono-lid eyes. "It's a secret code to know whether she's alone or not."

'2.'

At the reply, Kevin breathed out. "I guess she can't confirm it now. She's probably with Changmin."

"Ah!" Eric finally managed to combine the points, and he finally understood. "So, she won't talk to you if Changmin is with her?"

Nodded with sad pursed lips, Kevin confirmed. He breathed out again, not because of the disappointment of not being able to confirm the shocking news but for not being able to communicate with the girl. Sunwoo could see the hint in his eyes - that he was just finding excuses to talk to Soobin.

But then, Kevin's phone dinged again. A new text came in.

'I'm in the washroom. What is it about?'

Kevin's eyes lit with excitement, and the infamous grin of his - missing lips, appeared as he slammed the keyboard on the screen. Eric intently watched every alphabets typed in, once in a while, he glanced over at Sunwoo who was smirking.

Damn, he hated that smirk but that was Sunwoo's charm. He couldn't deny it.

Kevin had typed: 'What did I hear about you and Sunwoo? Is it true?'

As the 'typing...' appeared under her name in the chat box, Kevin unknowingly was holding his breath. He impatiently tapped his foot under the table, the nervousness was killing him to the core.