05

Saturday meant discouraging.

Maybe it was originally for Sunwoo to feel this way simply because he wouldn't be able to see Soobin at the cafe. But it seemed like there had been another reason being added to the list.

He wasn't sure whether it was only his feelings or it was the real matter that happened, but he thought Soobin was avoiding him while she was in the cafe for the past few days after that incident happened.

Looking back, he didn't think that flirting with her could affect her that badly.

"You know... when one starts to hate that certain thing, no matter how light it might seem, they will be hating it wholly."

It sounded like an advice - no, it was an advice. However, Sunwoo didn't think he wanted to have one, especially when it came from Eric.

Sunwoo scoffed, eyeing his friend who was lying flat on his stomach, being sunken into the softness of his mattress. Eric had a sleepover at his house.

"You sound like you know everything," Sunwoo raised a brow, his sharp glare piercing through Eric's skull. "Yet your life is still crumbled."

"Hey!"

Up until here, let's say that Sunwoo was still holding grudges over Eric for his effort to be close to Soobin.

Eric sat up straight, hugging one of the pillows, "It's your fault. Haechan clearly had warned you, he already told you not to flirt with Soobin, and he told you that she hated it. But still, you won't listen."

The lectures somehow had brought Sunwoo traveling back in time which did nothing but him grunting. It was like a nightmare for him - to have a girl rejecting him. It never happened before, Soobin was the first.

Jumping on his bed which he laid flatly on his stomach, resembling him to a starfish, he screamed into the mattress. It sounded muffled but Eric could catch it well.

"Why!"

Eric pursed his lips, patting Sunwoo's butt, "Life is not always beautiful Sunwoo. Sun will not always shine. You have to accept the fact that sometimes, the dark sky will hover over you along the journey."

It angered Sunwoo. "Just shut up, Eric!"

In an instant, Eric shut his mouth, dragging his fingers from the left to the right as if he had it sealed. And somehow, that had lightened up the grumpy boy's mood. For, his best friend knew how to adjust the mood.

But, Sunwoo must admit that Eric had a point. Whatever that had slipped out from his mouth was nothing but fact. Eric meant it to be a comfort.

"Have you done recalling where have you seen her before?" He asked as he pulled out a black shirt from his closet to be worn to his part-time job in 30 minutes.

"Oh!" Eric beamed, his eyes widening before his tense shoulders slumped, a frown on his face. "No... not yet."

The boy was so certain that he indeed had seen Soobin before, that she was familiar. But again, Eric couldn't recall where and when their paths were crossed. He had considered asking her directly if he ever ran into her again, but Sunwoo sternly told him not to, worried that Soobin would find it weird.

"Just let it be then, it's not important anyway," Sunwoo remarked, checking himself in front of the mirror for one last time before grabbing his belongings on the nightstand. "Let's go. I don't want to be late."

The two then left the house, trailing the concrete pavement towards the cafe which was luckily just a block away, talking and laughing at a joke only they knew without having much hope for what to happen. Because it was Saturday.