21

"For you."

Sunwoo placed the glass of strawberry smoothie on the table which Soobin - who was in the middle of studying looked up, meeting his orbs. She, indeed was panicked when the sight of the drink appeared despite no order submitted to the counter, nonetheless, upon seeing his face, she finally could relax.

"I thought free drinks were already over?" She dropped her pen down on the table, inspecting the glass.

"Says who?" Sunwoo asked back, leaning down closer to her ear. "It's on me. Don't worry."

She cackled and slightly turned her face from the glass to see him better. And that was when she noticed the proximity between them - the gap was small. For a brief moment, it was awkward but Chae Soobin seemingly had adapted to this situation to be seen wavered.

"I bet, Chanhee doesn't know." Calmly, she slumped against the chair and had a sip. Her eyes widened as the coldness hit her throat and she wouldn't gonna lie that it was tasty. "It's perfect to my liking."

Feeling proud to the core, Sunwoo ran his tongue along his molars. He didn't want to brag about himself but if he needed to, why not? Maybe he could attract her more with his uncountable charms.

"Excuse me..."

It was then that the two were approached by a girl who looked like she just arrived. Her eyes darted only on Sunwoo and it almost seemed like Soobin was invisible within the area. However, what had intrigued Soobin the most was the boy himself.

Maybe her eyes were lying, but she swore she saw Sunwoo panicked upon seeing the newcomer. Perhaps, they know each other, was the only thing she could think of. But, the look on Sunwoo's face was undefinable. He looked scared and a faint gulp was seen as he took a few steps back from the girl - his back asserted to the table Soobin sat by, both his hands holding tight the surface.

"Y-Yes..?" And he stammered - another point earned.

Looking back and forth between the girl and Sunwoo, Soobin found herself being engulfed in a bubble of curiosity. Her instinct was kind of telling her that she should stay and watch this drama that would be unveiled anytime soon.

So, she comfortably watched the two, the cold glass in her grasp as she sipped the smoothie through the straw.

"Can you take my order?" The girl requested as she tucked her hair to the back of her ear. There, Soobin started grimacing. "I come back again today to see you."

And right there, Soobin choked on her smoothie. It seemed like she regretted her choice to stay and watch. For, it was cringe.

However, little did she know, she was the scene stealer.

Constantly coughing to ease the tightness in her chest, Sunwoo's attention was no longer on the girl who claimed herself as the regular customer. He got down on his knees next to Soobin, thoroughly checking on her.

"You okay?" Sunwoo hesitantly wanted to rub circles on her back. Who knew if she disliked touches?

"T-Tissue," she managed to request between the coughs.

"Wait," Sunwoo was about to jolt up and run to the counter when he was pushed aside by someone who seemed to have been running.

"Here is the tissue," Haechan panted as he helped the older. Completely covering the girl from being seen by anybody with his body, he secretly glanced over at Sunwoo who was now on the floor.

From a simple glance, he could tell that the grimace plastered on his face was for him. Sunwoo was angry for two reasons. First: for pushing him, and second: for stealing his spot to help his crush. But, Haechan simply thought that those were unnecessary because he did this to save Sunwoo's life.