Nine.

One night, Elsa was so excited to see Eugene that sparks of ice showered down the corner of the ceiling the moment he stepped outside the shadows.

"Woah, what happened?" He watched it glitter down around them and settle, like twinkling blue stars on a clear night.

"This!" Elsa held up a piece of paper at his nose. It looked like a note, no a letter. He peered at the words, but the letters were too messy to understand. He barely managed to decipher a sentence before Elsa snatched it away and folded it back in her pocket.

Eugene scratched his head, "Er, I didn't get any of that."

"It's my sister!" Elsa exclaimed, "She's coming home!"

Another set of bright blue sparks fired from every direction. Eugene jumped and dodged to avoid the shower of blue glitter.

"Calm down Elsa!" He laughed. It was strange to see her so excited. Of course he'd seen her laughing before, but not to the extent that she was literally junping for joy.

Soon enough he was joining her.

"You're gonna love her Eugene!" She hopped, "Anna's gonna have so many stories to tell us once she gets back from her vacation!"

"Cool! Does she have powers too like you? Wouldn't that be awesome?"

Elsa giggled, "No but she's really fun, trust me."

They hopped and skipped until they were so tired they laid on their backs like starfish for the rest of the night. Elsa closed her eyes, and pressed the note closer to her chest. It was strange to see her so excited, Eugene thought, but it was good strange.

It was the sort of strange that Eugene hoped would happen more often.

Huh, He thought. I wonder why that doesn't happen more often?

He laid beside her and watched the snowflake swimming above his nose. For the first time, he started to wonder about Elsa.

Not  the strange little girl with ice powers.

Just Elsa.