One.

"Do it again, again!"

Sharp crystalline magic nipped and frosted between her fingernails, as she shaped and molded the air between her fingers into kindergarten ice sculptures. A rabbit, with a chipped ear, a bird with two lumpy heads and a small 'e', for his name. He held it on his palm.

"Wow..." He breathed, the ice was starting to pour between his fingers.

She put a stray hair behind her ear, "It melts really fast.. I'm still trying to get the hang of making things."

"So you're like a fairy? A frost queen?" The sparkle in his eye made her chest swell up in pride.

"No. I'm just Elsa." She said, though her smile wanted to admit she was something more. "I don't think I'm supposed to be talking to other people I don't know..."

He ignored her, and continued to request crazy, fantastical things, she sighed, and responded in kind with a flick of her wrist. Ice danced and sparkled across the ceiling of the Grand Hall. He cheered and danced with every burst of snow, hardly feeling the cold, stillness of the air, and the numbing of his fingers. She fed on his praises and wide-eyed wonder until she was dancing in the middle, throwing bouts of snow to the side and creating giant snow monkeys that towered 8 feet above their heads.

The magic that happened at midnight, it was their secret. It wouldn't have happened if Elsa had done as she was ordered that night, and kept to her room instead of sneaking out to perform her daily ritual. A short magic practice for good luck, done when there were no sharp-nosed adults prodding her to keep to herself, to keep her magic at bay. In these few 15 minutes, she was free. And as always, it felt good.

But she wasn't alone in that Grand Hallway that night. Because he was there, a lone little boy, hiding behind a knight statue. She did not know where he came from or how he came to find her.

And at this moment, she frankly couldn't care.

"Woah, do it again!"