K-Drama

Sunday morning, literally hours before the full moon.
And just a day before the hearing.
I ignored the second fact and jumped off my bed, making my way over to my vanity table to grab my kanzashi to tie my hair up in a bun. My stomach was churning so I had to make a stop at the bathroom before making my way downstairs to see what the rest were doing.
To my surprise, the place was empty. My gaze fell on the clock and it told me that it was eight in the morning. Now that's... that's super early for a Sunday. But I guess my biological alarm decided to wake me up for a reason.
I turned the TV on and plopped down on the couch, crossing my legs as I turned the streaming app on to watch that Korean drama that was based on the webcomic. I have read a few chapters of the Manhwa and now it's time I watched the first episode. I guess this is one of the best ways to not get spoilers on either sides.
I wish I had popcorn since this was really good. I feel like punching the jerky husband, who kinda reminds me of Charles, just that he cheated on the main character and our friend didn't.
I don't think Charles cheated on Mom once. I'd give him that, he was a good husband and a father while he had the chance.
Gosh, why am I thinking about him now?
I turned back to the screen and reached for a pack of chips under the coffee table, ripping it open and stuffing my face with hot and spicy potato chips. The friend was an evil witch too, seeing how she took the chance to be the side chick of her friend's husband while she was having a hard time dealing with the grief of her father's death.
This is so scandalous, yet so interesting.
"What are you watching?" I groaned as I heard Chris come down the stairs. I turned to look at him coming over with bed hair. He stopped short when he was right behind my couch, staring at the scene on the TV. "Is this... Korean?"
Just then, one of the characters spoke, making him burst into laughter. "You're watching cheesy K-Dramas now?!"
"Just let me watch," I sighed, not wanting to deal with this now that I've decided on watching this show. "It's okay if you don't like it."
Chris snorted and plopped down on the couch, on the seat next but one to mine, and apparently decided to watch too. The main character was having a heated argument with her home-wrecker of a friend, while her husband was cowering in the corner.
"Aight, so what they fighting about again?" Chris asked, casually reaching for my pack of chips.
I gave in and handed it to him. "You see the lady with the glasses? Her husband cheated on her with her best friend, the one she's scolding now."
Their argument broke into a huge cat fight, with the protagonist aggressively pulling at the other woman's hair as she wrestled her to the ground. The friend, being the shrewd woman she is, reached for the shiny red stiletto she left on the ground and slammed the heel against the protagonist's head.
Her specs fell off her face as she let out a moan and fell to her side, gripping onto her head. Her evil friend then used the same shoe to kill her by pressing it against her throat.
"Wait... what?!" Chris gasped, his mouth agape. "She killed her?! Is this the last episode?"
I shook my head. "Nope. This is the first episode."
Chris looked at me in surprise. "So it's the end of her at the start?"
I smirked. "No. It's the end of her that is the start."
Chris looked at me as if I was talking to him in a language he didn't understand. He just turned back to the TV and watched as the protagonist had a monologue of her own as she laid helpless on the ground with her bad friend wearing an evil smile beside her, telling her audience that she literally had nothing in her life to be happy about, how unfair it was for her to end up with a treacherous fate like this. Her eyes closed as she allegedly died, but the screen then quickly flashed to her sitting at a dining table, her hair styled in a bob.
Ten years into the past.
"How...?" Chris asked again.
"Can you just watch?" I groaned, so done with his constant questions.
Chris shrugged and continued watching, stuffing his face with more chips. The main character looked around her in surprise, staring at the bowl of... some sort of dumpling soup in front of her. Her gaze then shifted to an older man entering the room, holding a tray of bowls of something that looks incredibly like kimchi and something that looked stir-fried.
He smiled at her and placed the bowls down on the table before seating himself in front of her, a smile on her face as he asked her to eat up.
"Appa?" The protagonist called in surprise.
"That's her dad?" Chris asked.
I nodded and paused the show. "I think I have to fill you in a little more on the story since you missed some important details."
I started explaining to him about how the main character had been grieving the loss of her father, which was what made her husband cheat on her with her friend since he didn't have time to empathise and only cared for himself, her friend taking advantage of her situation just as much.
Chris listened in surprise, still nibbling on the chips as if they were popcorn. "So now, she's back in the past and her father is still alive?"
I nodded. "Yes. Because they're in the past. She's still in high school now."
"Oh my," Chris nodded slowly. "Okay..."
I turned back to the TV and pressed the play button to continue. To my surprise, Chris found it just as interesting as I did. And he thought Korean dramas were cheesy.

The first episode finished, long after the chips had depleted. It was the last pack so there wasn't any left. I turned the TV off and wanted to go to the bathroom when Chris suddenly spoke.
"Yo, Charlie," Chris began. "When you're watching the second episode, notify me."
I smirked as I turned to look at him. "Why? I thought you said Korean dramas are cheesy?"
Chris frowned. "Fine. But this one is actually good. I wanna know what happens next."
"Okay," I grinned, nodding. "Let's watch another episode tomorrow."
Chris frowned slightly. "Tomorrow's the hearing. You sure we'll have time for it?"
I frowned but smiled at him. "The hearing only lasts a few hours. Surely, we'll have time to watch it at night."
Chris nodded. "Sure, then. We'll watch it after the hearing."
But putting something like that before the next episode made me anticipate it lesser. The hearing seemed like a menace, something I don't want to go through, something I wish to avoid as much as I can, but I know I can't. We would be wasting the court's time if we were to stall or not attend.
We have to go.

I know, the plot of this so called Korean drama is very similar to a certain real drama that you guys may know. But the trope of being thrown back to the past is found in more than one webcomic. I decided to make my own out of inspiration. And I hereby claim copyright for this plot, though it's quite similar to another drama, but most of the instances are entirely my own creation.🤣🤣