The first hunt

Charlene and Chris were definitely planning something sinister, I can tell. But I just don't know what.
"What are you guys gonna do?" I asked when Mom left to put her plate away in the kitchen.
"You'll see tonight," Charlene smirked. "Don't tell Mom, okay? It's a surprise."
I let out a sigh. "Fine."
"Pack a change of clothing and some food," Chris added. "It's gonna take a bit long."
What are we, going on a vacation?
"Where are we going?" I asked again.
Chris smirked. "You'll see. It's a great de-stressing mechanism, trust me."
"Well, if you're the one who suggested it, it's surely a bad idea," I frowned.
"Charlie, no, it's a very good idea, trust me," Charlene chuckled. "You'll see. Just pack a change of clothes and some food. That's all."
I was about to reply but Mom returned from the kitchen. Charlene instantly gave me a warning look as if to say 'don't say anything'. I nodded before turning back to my diminishing scrambled eggs and bacon, finishing whatever that was left of it.
We were still tired after last night's party. Though it wasn't unruly and nothing bad happened, it was still pretty tiring.
"I'm gonna go have a round of fighting," I said, getting up with my plate.
I washed my plate and cup before heading straight to my room. I sat in front of my desk and turned my laptop on to do some bashing. I wish I could go to wherever Charles was staying at and claw him to death!
...
Why am I thinking of stuff like this? Is it because of the werewolf thing?
Great. Just great. I hope I don't eat my friends or something.
I just sighed and played my game, enjoying myself and almost breaking the controller. Mom got me a new one for my birthday and I only unboxed it last night. It's easier to play now.

"Char, where are we going?" I groaned. The soles of my feet were hurting so bad, I couldn't hold up much longer. "My legs are killing me!"
"We're here," Charlene said suddenly, stopping in her tracks.
I looked around. We were in a forest.
"Char, we're in a forest," I groaned.
"Everyone, get behind a bush to transform," Charlene instructed, taking her bag off.
"What?" I said in surprise.
"Go transform," Chris smirked.
"Yeah, we're taking that bush," Charlene said, pulling Mom. "Come on, Mom. Come on, Charlie."
So we went to that bush.
"Char, what, why didn't anyone tell me?" I frowned. "I wore my favourite dress, thinking we were going out for something! And now you're asking me to tear it apart?!"
Charlene smirked. "Says who? Just take it off, Charlie."
"What?!" I gasped. "Char... what's wrong with you?"
"Honey, you'll be covered in fur!" Mom smirked. "Trust me, it'll be fine."
I sighed and did as they said before transforming. Well, they were right. I didn't in the least look like a normal human and fur covered every inch of my body besides my palms and the soles of my feet.
"Let's go," Charlene smirked, her voice all gruff.
I grabbed Mom's arm like how I always do and followed Charlene out. Another bigger werewolf came and we could only guess it was Chris.
"Officially, welcome to the club," Chris growled, handing me his furry clawed hand to shake.
"Thanks," I replied just as gruffly, shaking his hand violently. "What do we even do?"
"Hunt," Mom said.
"For what?"
"Anything, as long as it can be eaten," Chris smirked.
I felt chills run down my spine. How am I supposed to hunt? I can't bring myself to kill anything!
I shook my head. "N-No... I... I don't wanna kill anything. Please..."
"Char, don't worry, she'll get used to it," Chris remarked, squeezing my shoulder. "Char, you said you were like that too or something?"
"You were?" I asked in surprise.
"Yes," Charlene nodded. "Alright, come on."
So we went hunting, with me running on two legs instead of all fours like the others.
"Guys, I can't, my legs hurt," I sighed, stopping for breath.
Chris scoffed, which sounded more like a growl, and came to me. To my surprise, he pushed my back down. I whimpered and clawed at him as I fell.
"Charlie, you're not supposed to run on two legs," Chris growled. "It's easier to run if we use our hands too."
I groaned and tried to imitate them. I was wobbly at first, but then it felt as if I was used to it. It really was easier too.
"Come on, I smell something," Mom said. "Do you guys sense it too?"
I sniffed the air and almost gagged at the mixture of strong smells that filled my nostrils. Among it was the smell of...
Meat!
"Hey, since when did my nose get this strong?" I gasped, trying to identify every scent that came in. "I smell a lot of things. Dirt, grass... wait, is that an ant? I smell an ant!"
"Ants have scents?" Chris asked doubtfully.
"They do, Chris," Charlene chuckled. "They smell strange. What else do you smell, Charlie?"
"I smell meat, I think?" I shrugged. I followed my nose and realised it was coming from my right. "From there!"
To everyone's surprise, and my own, I started running towards the scent. For some reason, that was the only thing on my mind with the scent growing tastier as if it was food I haven't seen after years of starvation. My body worked on its own as it followed the scent.
I arrived to a deer and howled, watching as it just stared at me in shock. Before it could run, I let out a growl and pounced on it.

"Congratulations on your first catch," Chris said as we shared whatever was left of the venison. "What do you think? Was it scary?"
I shook my head and looked up from my meal. "No, it wasn't. It was like I didn't know myself. It's like I became a real wolf and that deer was my food after ages of starvation."
"You did better than Chris on his first try, Charlie," Mom chuckled. "He let his prey get away."
I started laughing at him but it didn't sound like the laugh I had expected, more like a laughing monster from a cartoon or something.
"Keep it down, Charlie," Charlene warned.
"Sorry..." I snorted, not in the least sorry. "What do we do now?"
"We go prowling around the town to know what's the story here," Mom instructed. "After all, most things in town can only be found at night."
I shivered. "Like the cold?"
"And the cold-hearted," Chris frowned. "You have no idea how beastly people can be. And Charles thinks we're the monsters."
"Well, he's one himself, why bother blaming us?" I shrugged.
Charlene gave me a nudge and pointed her chin at Mom. Darn, I forgot that Mom still hasn't gotten over him yet. But I don't blame her. Not one bit. The man whom she thought was the love of her life didn't even want to look at her, calling her a monster just because she was born a werewolf.
But I'm not sure if I blame Charles too. His family, beloved family, all turned out to be feral beasts in his eyes. He grew up an orphan, we were all he had. And we're werewolves. But still, that not a reason for him to throw us off like that.
Would I have acted like that if I wasn't a werewolf myself?
No... I don't think I would have reacted like that. Because I saw. I saw how much he made Mom cry. He seemed beastlier than any other beast I've ever seen, not even the reflection I saw two nights ago, way worse than the three humanoid wolves that walked into my room that same night.
I was jolted out of my thoughts by a howl and saw the others waiting for me, down on all fours. I howled too and followed them.

Alright, I spared you guys the gorey stuff. I don't like stuff like that myself lol. So yeah, the most gore you get here is raw meat but I don't think that's even considered gore lol🤣🤣

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!
ShashaMeow