Luna Strikes Again

I angrily slammed my Posiden Coffee cup down on my desk as I took my bag off and threw it towards the ground. Hushed whispers surround me but it's not like I care.
"Hey, you okay?" Barbara asked when I settled down on the chair.
I just nodded without looking. "Yeah."
"Well, you don't seem okay," Barbara says again.
I took a deep breath and released it slowly before turning to her. "Barbie, I am fine. Just had a bad morning."
"Well, at least you have Posiden to cheer you up," Barbara added.
I looked at the coffee cup on the table and felt like flinging it against the wall since it was from Charles. Then again, the coffee did nothing wrong to deserve that fate. Besides, it would be a waste of a good mocha.
Instead of flinging it across the room, I grabbed it and took a long chug from it. This might result in me getting a little hyper later, but whatever. I need that kind of thing now, anyway.
The teacher arrived, serving as a good distraction from the attention I was getting, and classes began.

I spoke as little as I could as I sat with the rest during lunch. Priscilla was excitedly talking to me about the new comic she had been reading, and it actually sounded quite interesting.
"That's just the prologue," Priscilla finished. "I haven't read further yet."
"But it sounds interesting," I said. "What's the name again?"
"I'm sending you the link right now," Priscilla said, tapping the screen of her phone. Instantly, I felt mine vibrate in my pocket.
"That was fast," I remarked, taking a bite from my garlic ham and cheese sandwich.
It was so good, especially with the garlic.
"You're not eating any vegetables?" Luna suddenly remarked, giving me a slight sneering smirk.
I shrugged, swallowing my mouthful of food. "Not now. I'll have mine at lunch."
"Yeah, but you gotta have a balanced meal throughout the day, not just for lunch," Luna forked a cherry tomato into her mouth.
I smirked slightly, giving her salad a judgemental look. "Since when does a salad of leaves and fruit have carbs and protein like a balanced food pyramid?"
Luna looked down at her salad in surprise. "A salad's healthy."
"Not if you drench it in that much of dressing, apparently," Barbara added, looking at something on her phone. "Apparently, your salad packs more fat than a cheeseburger and fries!"
Luna turned red as her eyes widened. She slowly turned to her salad and looked at it in dismay. I didn't want to stick around to see the aftermath of her getting called out like that, so I just stuffed my face with the rest of my sandwich before making an exit.
I stopped by the cooperative shop for a bar of chocolate before sauntering off to the library instead.

The door burst open a little louder than usual, taking my attention away from my book to look at the source. To my dismay, it was Luna, and she was storming right at me.
"What do you want from me?" Luna demanded, prompting the librarians to shush her.
I looked around a bit before turning to her. "I'm the one who should be asking you that. You just barged in!"
Without warning, Luna suddenly grabbed me by the collar and pulled me up. I snatched her arm off me and shoved it aside, throwing her towards the table. I picked my book up while she was still recovering from it and made my way out.
I grabbed my lunch bag from the shelf and ran off to my class. I heard the library door echo from a distance and sped up when I neared the classroom.
And that's when I heard thundering footsteps coming at me from behind.
I turned around and spotted that psycho Luna charging towards me and quickly lunged towards my class door. Luna must've had failing brakes since she ended up sliding the rest of the way down the corridor. She let out a pained groan and tried to get up, but fell back down again. I sighed to myself and went to help her up.
"Are you okay?" I held a hand out to her.
Luna begrudgingly took my hand and got up, grunting slightly. "Ouch, my leg..."
"Why did you run after me like that?" I said, putting an arm around her shoulder as I helped her to walk.
"Because you thought it was okay to mess with me and get away with it."
I scoffed. "I didn't mess with you. You started it, Luna."
"Yeah, but—"
"Luna, please, today didn't start well for me. Please don't make it worse than you already have."
Luna was silent as I brought her to her classroom, which was right beside mine.
"Where's your place?"
Luna pointed to a spot in the back corner. There was a black and purple backpack on the chair, which I placed on the ground, and then helped her sit.
"Where does it hurt?" I asked.
Luna took her right sneaker off and started massaging her ankle. I examined it a little and looked at her.
"It looks like a sprain," I remarked. "Can you walk?"
Luna nodded. "It just hurts, real bad."
"Sprains are usually like that," I said. "You should feel better tomorrow. If it gets worse instead, go to a doctor. That might mean it's a fracture."
"Alright," Luna sighed. "I'm... I'm really sorry for picking on you like that."
As much as I wanted to punch her for being so stupid, I forgave her. "It's okay. Thanks for apologising to me."
Luna looked at me just as I was about to leave. "Charlotte, why did you help me? Even after I came at you in the library like that?"
"Because I know how hard is it to lose someone close to you," I said. "Lydia and Kayla told me. They have been so worried for you, Luna. They're your best friends."
It was true, Lydia and Kayla have been so supportive towards her, trying to be as comforting as they can towards her. None of my friends from my old school actually checked up on me, even after knowing about whatever I was going through at home. I mean, I know I didn't show my feelings as much, but they still knew that something was up with me, they knew about the divorce and how much of a toll it took on me. But none of them even tried to comfort me, some of them even changed the subject to something as petty as a shopping crisis, and they would receive more support for that.
But Luna grumbled at the thought of caring friends like them. "Those two... they can't even keep a secret."
I shook my head. "You should be very lucky to have friends like them. They truly care about you, Luna."
Luna looked away. I sighed and turned to leave. I met with Priscilla on my way out, and she gave me a cheerful wave, which I returned before making a beeline for my classroom.