Chapter 7 Part 3: Realisation

(This a continuation of chapter 7 part 2)

It had been a month since Jacob heard Cheree's drunkenly blurt out that she loved him and things had started to be a little awkward between them.

Jacob could feel knew that in the past the Cheree said that she loved his was nothing more than platonic but there was something different about this time around even if she was drunk he could tell that there was something different.

He had just finished some art work that he was commissioned to do for a manga comic and he had sent it to the author.
He was now in his living room and he was deep in thought that he didn't realise that there was someone knocking at his door but when he finally noticed, he got up from his couch and he went to his front door and opened it to see his brother, Ryan who was about to start walking to his car.

Jacob: oh it's just you, what's up ?

Ryan: hey mate, can I come in ?

Jacob: y-yeah, come on in.

Jacob let his brother in and he closed the door behind him and the he offered him a cup of coffee.

Jacob: want a cup of coffee ?

Ryan: umm no I won't actually, thanks... honestly I'm here because a certain someone is worried about you and they've asked me to check on you.

Jacob: let me guess... Cheree ?

Ryan: yeah, she's worried about you mate, she said that you're not talking to her so much these days which puzzled me as well.... What happened ? You two would always look for a reason to be near each other and now, now you're avoiding her.

Jacob: I'm not avoiding her okay ?

Ryan: yeah it is, don't deny it, you're avoiding her for some reason and she wondering if she's done something wrong.

Jacob looked at Ryan and he felt hurt that he has caused Cheree to think that she was the problem.

Jacob: fuck.... I didn't mean for her to think that way... it's complicated.

Ryan: what is ?

Jacob: (deep breath) well it all started when I brought her back home after we went to the bar after we were all at the laser tag place about a month ago.

Ryan: okay ? So what happened between you two ?

Jacob: well I drove her back to her place because she was drunk and then i carried her up to her bedroom and laid her down on her bed and then put some water and painkillers on her bedside table and written a note.
Then as I was leaving, she said something before she passed out for the night.

Ryan: what did she say ?

Jacob: she said that she loved me.

Ryan: do you think that she might have meant it romantically.

Jacob: yeah but because she was drunk, i obviously thought it was strange of her to say.

Ryan: why is it so weird ?

Jacob: well how long have me and Cheree been friends ?

Ryan: don't ask me, I can't remember, it's been years since you guys first met.

Jacob: I just don't want to say the wrong thing to her and ruin anything.

Ryan: what do you mean ?

Jacob: well for example, what if I told her that I loved her and she was sober and she ended up saying that she didn't love me back, if I said that to her and that was her answer, that then means that I've now lost one of the most important people in my life.