Prologue 3: Thank You For Being My Best Friend

It had been about seven years since Jacob and Cheree had first met, and they quickly became best friends and even though there were weeks where they couldn't see each other, they still managed to stay in contact with each other and they made the effort to see each other during events like when Cheree was there for Jacob when he finally had gotten the last of his degrees that he needed to start the process of working from home as an artist and Jacob was always there at NXT takeover events to support Cheree.

They were always there for each other through the good times, but they were also there for each other during the bad times which they were both about to find out how true that was.

Jacob had been dating a girl that he met while getting his last degree and it seemed to be going well between them, that is until Jacob introduced her to his family and eventually his friends, including Cheree who as soon as she met Jacob's girlfriend at the time, she immediately got bad vibes from her.

She did her best to be civil with her for Jacob's sake as she didn't want to lose someone so important to her even though she still had her suspicions.

There was one time however, that Jacob had gotten into an argument with his girlfriend at the time and the first person that he talked about it to was  Cheree.
This argument wasn't the first and it wasn't the last with his girlfriend but it certainly was one of the biggest ones.

Jacob had knocked on the door of where Cheree had been living and he waited for her to answer the door.

When Cheree opened the door, she saw that Jacob looked upset and all she wanted to do was comfort him as any good friend would.

Cheree: hey JayJay, what's up ? You look upset.

JayJay was a nickname that Cheree would come to call Jacob by as she just started calling him that one day and it stuck.

Jacob: we had an argument again.

Cheree: you'd better come in.

Jacob: thanks.

Cheree gestured towards her couch for Jacob to sit on and she sat next to him and she looked him in the eyes as she started the conversation.

Cheree: so what happened ?

Jacob: well it started when I'd asked her about going away for the weekend since we hadn't been spending time together recently, I was trying to make an effort to have some alone time together.

Cheree: well she's not exactly been making an effort has she ? I mean she doesn't seem to care as much as she says she does.

Jacob: what do you mean by that ?

She decided to carefully and calmly tell Jacob that she didn't trust his girlfriend but she wasn't going to interfere.

Cheree: well if you want me to be honest, I've had suspicions about her from when you introduced her to me and the rest of your friends.
And the reason that I haven't said anything is that I really don't want to lose you in my life because you're so important to me.

She also said that if anything was to happen where they ended breaking up that he was to call her so that she could be there for him.

Jacob smiled at Cheree and he thanked her for being honest with him.

Jacob: Cheree, that means the world that you care and I appreciate your honesty, I really do.

Cheree: well I'm glad you don't hate me for it.

Jacob looked at Cheree with a look that said "what the hell are you even talking about".

Cheree: what ?