Prologue 1: Ryan's NXT Return

It was late afternoon, and Jacob Pierce had just arrived back at his apartment after work, he had just come through the door of his apartment and he placed his keys on the coffee table, and then sat on the couch and breathed a sigh of relief that his shift for the day was over as it was particularly busy that day.

Jacob was hungry, yet he had decided that he didn't want to cook anything so he ordered from the local Chinese takeaway.

He looked over a menu that he had from the last time he went there in person, and he eventually found something that had caught his eye.
Jacob grabbed his phone and called the takeaway and placed his order.

While he waited for his food to arrive, he got a call from his brother, Ryan who had been recovering from a neck injury for the past year.
Jacob picked up his phone and then answered the phone call from his brother who had a question for him.

Jacob: hello ?

Ryan: hey mate, it's me.

Jacob: hey, how are you doing ?

Ryan: I'm doing really well, how are you ?

Jacob: I'm okay, I'm just waiting for some food to arrive because I've ordered takeout because i can't be arsed to cook.

Ryan: haha, listen I've got something to ask of you.

Jacob: okay, fire away.

Ryan: so you know how I'm going to be making my return to NXT ?

Jacob: yeah, your neck is fully healed isn't it ?

Ryan: yeah, so I'm going to be making my return next week, and I was wondering if you would like to come to the show ?

Jacob thought about it for a moment and then agreed to go to the show to watch his brother make his return to NXT.

Jacob: yeah, I'd love to.

Ryan: nice, I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Jacob: How come ?

Ryan: well you are my brother and you aren't exactly the worst person in the world.

Jacob: haha, thanks.

Ryan: mum is going to be at the show as well.

Jacob: she'll get to see it too then, because you know how she's been asking when you're making your return because she doesn't want to miss it.

Ryan: haha yeah, she said that she wouldn't be too happy if she missed it.

Jacob then asked Ryan about how things have been since Ryan had been arguing his girlfriend.

Jacob: so how are things at your place ? I remember that you and your girlfriend were arguing a lot.

Ryan: we've split up because we just couldn't find common ground and we just thought that it was better to just end things, and it was actually the best thing for the both of us, so she's now my ex.

Jacob: well at least there's no bad blood between you two.

Ryan: yeah, she packed her things and left a few hours ago.

Jacob: and how are you feeling ?

Ryan: I'm good, I'm going to go and hang out with my friends in a little bit.

Jacob: good, that'll keep your mind of things.

Ryan: yeah, I'll let you go and I'll see you soon okay ?