Chapter 5: The Livestream

It had been a month since the altercation between Jacob and Gabi's ex boyfriend at Ivy' party and Gabi had heard nothing from her ex, Jacob kept checking in on her and everything was starting to go well for her which Jacob was happy for her, she had even told him about a guy that she started dating, but little did he know at the time that he already knows this person which turned out to be none other than one of his friends called Devin who had broken up with the girl that he had been previously dating before Gabi.

Jacob was hanging out with Devin and they got to talking about Gabi when Jacob asked how things are going.

Jacob: so how are things with Gabi ?

Devin: things are going fantastic dude, she's great... i just hope that she can trust me fully.

Jacob: why wouldn't she ?

Devin: well she did tell me about her asshole ex and how terrible he was to her.

Jacob: yeah, I've had the displeasure of encountering him more than once.

Devin: she told me that you guys met when you and Ryan were at the diner that she works at you defended her from him.

Jacob: yeah, he was scaring her.

Devin: thanks for defending her by the way.

Jacob: hey don't mention it mate, just please look after her if anything becomes of you two dating because she's already gone through enough shit.

Devin: I will, don't worry.

Jacob: not that I don't trust you because I do... I mean, I've known you longer than her so I know that you'd never do anything to intentionally hurt her.

Devin: yeah, if my mom ever found out that I was anything like that ex of Gabi's, she'd fucking kill me.

Jacob and Devin laughed and they continued to talk some more when Devin mentioned Gabi's best friend, Ivy.

Devin: so I hear you and Gabi's bestie have been.... Rather close this past month, if you know what I mean.

Jacob looked at Devin as if he was a deer caught in the headlights which he thought was funny.

Devin: (laughs) what's the matter man ? cat got your tongue ?

Jacob: who told you about that ?

Devin: I'm not stupid dude, I saw the way she was checking you out the other day when we all hung out, she was basically giving you "bedroom eyes".

Jacob: yeah well, I'd rather not discuss my sex life with one of my best friends.

Devin: (laughs) hey man, I ain't judging, good for you having some fun, you should since the last chick you were with was terrible to you.

Jacob: oh yeah... that one.

Devin: you heard from her at all by the way ?

Jacob: nope, and it'll be too damn soon if I see her face again.

Devin: (laughs) me and the boys would second that, and Cheree would as well now that I think about it.

Jacob: yeah, she didn't like Cheree just because she's a girl who happens to be one of my best friends.

Devin: speaking of, when is it your going on her twitch channel ?

Jacob: today actually, we're going to be playing a couple of games and then I'm going to be doing a q and a with her as well.

Devin: cool, me and the boys will watch.

Jacob: cool, I'll let Cheree know then.

Jacob hung out with Devin for a little bit longer and then he headed over to Cheree's place and when he knocked on the door.
Jacob didn't have to wait for long however as the door opened almost instantly and he was met with a big hug from Cheree who was excited to see him.