Chapter 34

happy birthday to me!!! hope you like this chapter :) let me know what you think in the comments! oh, and don't forget to follow iwriteabout5sos.tumblr.com for hints and updates and extra stuff!

****

Luke, 5:12 PM

So, still stuck being a nerd tonight?

Mia, 5:14 PM

Yep, nerding it up.

Luke, 5:14 PM

I feel like you live in the library instead of an actual dorm.

Mia, 5:14 PM

That sounds about right

Mia, 5:14 PM

Wait why aren't you ever in the library? Don't you have a thesis to be working on?

Luke, 5:15 PM

I have my own library

Luke, 5:17 PM

A library that you should go to instead

Mia, 5:18 PM

And are you going to be there?

Luke, 5:18 PM

Maybe

Mia, 5:19 PM

I have so much reading to do...

Luke, 5:20

It's not like I'll distract you, I have work too

Mia, 5:24

I don't know :///

Luke, 5:26

Well, that's too bad, I have a rolling ladder in my library

Luke, 5:26

I guess you'll never get to see it

Mia, 5:28

.....On my way

***

"You have no idea how cool this is," I say, stepping up onto the ladder attached to the floor-to-ceiling bookshelf in Luke's library. When I came here the first time and saw the bookshelf in his room, I was impressed. But this is incredible. All the walls are covered in books and little trinkets, encasing a room with two lounge chairs and a coffee table.

It's cozy compared to the sharp, minimalistic edges of the rest of Luke's place, and I can't help but daydream of having a library like it one day.

Luke stands by the door with his arms crossed, looking amused.

I grab onto the ladder and push myself against the wall, making the ladder roll sideways to the other side of the wall.

"Oh my god," I breathe out, feeling air whoosh against me as the ladder catapults towards the wall.

Luke steps forward, the crease between his eyebrows furrowing, but I catch myself just in time and grin like nothing happened. Luke leans against the adjacent bookcase, shaking his head as I suavely attempt to grab a book.

"Jesus, Mia," Luke says, shaking his head and laughing out a breath that sounds caught between endearment and frustration.

At more than 6-feet, he towers over me, but I still stand on my tip toes and hold the book up. "I wasn't going to fall, don't worry."