Chapter Eight: Ceceillia Mendez, Queen of Shade

Meanwhile, at East Covington Springs...

Ceceillia Johanna Raquel Tejada Mendez.

Gentle reader, remember that name.

She is the heiress apparent and eldest daughter of Miguel Victor Mendez and Nace Catalina Maritza Mendez, the respective Alpha and Luna of the Gold Spade werewolf pack. Miguel was known to be a cold yet fair man who was known to strike down any enemies that try and take over his pack yet willing to make alliances with various packs and covens who wanted peace and trade. His wife Catalina was a beautiful Luna and known to captivate any male yet didn't play around when it came to her family as her husband made sure she protected herself and allowed her to fight in certain battles when needed be.

But both of them had one thing in common when it came to the rest of the supernatural world and the packs and covens that were in alliance with theirs: they had a compassion for all Omegas and lone wolves who were escaping abusive families and heartless Alphas, Betas, and Gammas who rejected them. It was even more so when they were blessed with the appearance with Thierry Lemieux when their son Marcelo (a sweet yet ferocious Omega) won a scholarship to his choice of school not too long ago.

Ceceillia, on the other hand, hated any Omegas despite their abilities. In her opinion, Omegas were nothing but opportunists who should've been eliminated alongside Thierry Lemieux when the late Gruesome Threesome were ready to have him executed and donated to science while claiming Luciane (Lachlan) and Matt (Marithe) as their chosen mates. But as you should be aware by now,  it was Thierry who had the upper hand and was now a patron saint for Omegas and loners as well as the last Moon Wolf standing.

"Moon Wolves are nothing but myths to trick bad kids into behaving properly," she scoffed when she learned the news. "And besides, Thierry should've let his sisters and cousins kill him anyway. If anything, he should've been killed back in Texas where he belonged."

Her parents, for all they could, tried to get her to see that everything that Druscilla (the Moon Goddess) planned was for her intention. "And it's not right to speak ill of her children," her father reminded her sternly. "What is said in whispers will soon be spoken out loud from the rooftops. The Moon Goddess created all of Her children to be equal, Ceceillia. Omegas are the pillars of the supernatural world as they are meant to calm everyone down."

"The Moon Goddess is nothing but a nitwit," Ceceillia had spat lowly. "Whoever thought of the idea of Omegas being paired with Alphas should have his or her head checked and be given a lobotomy. Besides, fated soulmates are stupid and outdated. Let people choose who they wanted to mate and let the Omegas be withered to existence."

Yeah, that earned her a lot of contempt and being fallen from grace in her family's eyes.

And speaking of mating bonds, she knew that her planned engagement to Mark Emerson (a kind yet domineering vampire and Alpha heir apparent from the Gold Diamond coven of Charleston) wasn't her type of thing despite the two of them being fated as soulmates. Her interests and his didn't truly sync with one another as she wanted two certain Alphas as her future husbands: Chance and Chace Nguyen, the Alpha mermen twins of the Gold Fin coven. She had an unhealthy obsession with them since the three of them were in high school and she knew that they were on her list of potential suitors.

But as they all say, fate has a way of changing plans for better or worse. So when Ceceillia and her parents learned of the arrival of Marithe Deinos and Lachlan St. Martin as well as Druscilla's plan to have them mated to the Nguyen twins, she wasn't too pleased. "Those two runts stole what's rightfully mine!" she seethed as she and her family sat down to breakfast that was prepared by the maids. "They were only in town for one evening and already they stole my future boyfriends."