Chapter Two: Meet Chance and Chace Nguyen

Covington Springs, South Carolina.

Chance and Chace Nguyen.

Remember those two names and the town, gentle reader, as the town itself is known as a haven for merfolks, selkies, and water elementals as well as known for being a tourist attraction that's one hour away from Hilton Head Island, Beaufort, Bluffton, and Savannah, Georgia.

And it is the location where it boasts of the Emerald Fin coven, one the most-prominent merfolk covens in the Southeastern United States and across the nation- led by twin Alpha mermen Chance and Chace Nguyen, both of them more mature and domineering, yet known to be diplomatic and no-nonsense when it comes to protecting their coven and making alliances with neighboring packs, covens, and communities. But the most important thing to remember, gentle reader, is that they are still eligible bachelors as every female and male Omega (as well as a few humans) were wanting to have one or both of the brothers claim him or her as a suitable mate.

What they fail to realize, however, is that both Chace and Chance made a pact to each other AND to the Moon Goddess that they would not only wait for their destined mates but also wait until the time was right to make it known that they are destined for their mates...as well as each other. You see, Chance and Chase share a special brotherly bond that is often described as incestuous, both of them falling for each other once they transformed into their merfolk halves and swam for the first time. When they revealed it their parents- two Alpha mermen (now deceased for two years), they were advised to hold off any sexual activity until their mates came into the picture and they would have to accept each other and their mates as the first four-way pairing. So both Chance and Chace promised each other to remain celibate until their male mates- destined by the Moon Goddess, not chosen by anyone else- came to them. This was blessed by the Moon Goddess with a single lily as they knew that to break a vow would spell total disaster for them and the future of their pack.

As far as the twin Alphas knew, they were not intending to make the same mistake that others made, especially when it involved the mistake that Matt Rosseaux-Yanez and Luciane Moranox made five years ago. No, gentle readers. Chance and Chace knew better than to stoop to the disgraced former Alphas' levels. When it came to promises and vows made to the Moon Goddess, they knew that a promise made was one that was to be kept fully. And they were going to keep it until they either found their mates or when the Goddess Herself called them home.

**************

"Breaking news coming in from the supernatural world! Thierry Lemieux, the son of the Moon Goddess and the last moon wolf, is now engaged to his second-chance mate! TMZ Supernatural confirms that Lemieux has accepted a wedding proposal from his courted suitor Lyle Aronson, an Alpha hellhound and son of a prominent shipping company. Both of them met five years ago when Lemieux was beginning his book tour to promote his memoir when they met at a cafe. They have been dating each other in secret away from prying eyes while using decoys to keep reporters and paparazzi off their track. No date has been announced of their formal wedding yet, but they will be completing their mating bond in the days to come. This was announced as today marks the fifth anniversary when Lemieux as rejected by his former mates who are now serving time for the murders of the Gruesome Threesome..."

"Hot damn it to hell," Anita Wytche (human drag queen who was really known as Marcel Adamson) drawled as she, the twins and Candide Wyndes (a fey/water nymph) joined Eric Sulzbach (the twins' second-in-command) watched the news that proclaimed the engagement. "I had a feeling that Lemieux was  bound to find someone as his second-chance mate. I just didn't know that he found his early on."

"Well, with the Moon Wolf's un-charmed life in the past and needing to focus on his schooling and all, I guess it's best for him to keep his relationship status on the down low," Candide commented, sipping on her bottled water. "And besides, those two former Alphas who broke his heart betrayed him in the worst way possible."