Flourishing

So here we are, outside of the newly built academy waiting for Madara to arrive. Mito and Hashirama stand chatting merrily to other villagers whilst I'm away to the side with Tobirama. Things have been slightly awkward since I told Tobi about inviting Madara, but he will just have to deal with it. People pass by us smiling and waving some even stop to compliment me on my appearance. I am awkward when it comes to accepting compliments, but nevertheless I am gushing with delight from them.

After I left Madara earlier on today, I hurried over to Mito's home. I explained the situation as straight forward as I could yet she still managed to loose her mind when I told her.

I don't think I have ever heard someone make such a high pitched noise from delight in my life, but once she noticed my serious expression she calmed herself down and dragged me inside, nearly pulling me over completely. The only reason why I had gone there in the first place is because I needed help on what to wear. After an hour of debating, what was too underwhelming and what was over dressed, we were finally ready. I decided to go with a vermillion coloured kimono decorated with large white peonies. Because of my very long, thick hair I opted for a comfortable half up half down style. Then to bring everything together I had chosen a delicate, pearly white hair pin with shimmering opal beads trailing from a butterfly. This sits comfortably surrounded by a couple of cherry blossoms.

I scan the crowd, visibly becoming impatient I wonder if he's actually going to come here. "Why are you so restless?" Tobirama questions me.

"I'm not, I just don't want to miss anything." I say brushing off his comment. "I can't wait to try all the food vendors! I have been looking forward to this all day."

"Is Madara still not here yet y/n?" Mito joins our conversation after waving goodbye to the small crowd of villagers.

"I'm sure he'll be here any minute now." Hashirama reassures us but it's starting to feel less likely that he will show up. After a few more minutes or so of waiting I let out a heavy sigh.

"Come on, let's go." I mumble pouting my lips. I don't understand why he would do this, is he that anti social? Why do I feel so disappointed? I'm here with the people I care about the most so why do I feel so bummed. I turn to walk hastily in the direction of the festival entrance, I keep my eyes peeled to the floor sulking. *thump* I slam face first into a man's solid chest. I clasp my nose in agony as my temper sets off.

"Watch where you're going moron!" I curse at the stranger I cannot see because I'm holding my face.

"Interesting you say I should watch where I'm going though I was the one who was standing still. But of course you have trouble using your eyes as always." Madara's voice echos into my ears with annoyance. I quickly uncover my face and stare gormless at him. I hear a snickering come from Mito and Hashirama who are clearly amused by our interaction.

"Are you alright?" Tobi asks me comfortingly as he rushes to my side.

"I'm perfectly fine!" Even though now I wish the ground would open up and swallow me whole. I hold my hand up to Tobirama gesturing not to make a fuss of me. "now we are all here let's go!" I walk with the confidence of someone who didn't just face plant into another person and lead the way for the others.

"Is she always this way?" I hear Madara asking Hashirama. Mito has caught up to me and turns to look back at the others. "She's just a little shall we say...distracted recently." She gives me a wink and giggles into her hand. As she looks back to me her face changes into a more concerning look. "Oh my! Y/n your nose is bleeding!" I touch my fingers to my nose and sure enough, there is a fare amount of blood. What's worse is that it's oozing onto my kimono. "Wonderful!" I sneer as I hold my hand over my nose. The evening has barely begun and already I want to go home.