Trauma

Warning: description of blood at the end of the chapter

Your pov

I've been in recovery for two weeks now. With the lectures upon lecturers I have received from Hashirama, Tobi and even some of the nurses, I have kept my head down. I can't stand being told what to do. I guess I wanted to show off a little once I had the chance. I didn't want Madara to undermine me, I know my worth and my strength.

I haven't seen him since that day. We passed by each other in the hallway and that was about it. I wonder if he had thought of me since then. "Why would I care if he thinks about me?"

I hear a knock at my door stopping my thought process, I put down the book I am reading. "Come in" I say in a chipper tone. It's Hashirama, he's been visiting me every other day when he has the chance to. He's usually very busy when it comes to being the Hokage.

"Good afternoon y/n, it's good to see you. You seem to be back to your old self again, I'm pleased."

"Hello Hashirama, thank you I'm feeling a lot better now"

"Would it kill you to call me lord Hokage?"

"Yes" I say bluntly. The thought of me calling him 'lord' when I have vivid childhood memories of him picking his nose and chasing me with dead fish is beyond me.

"Never mind" he shakes his head "I wasn't here just to check up on you. I was hoping you would be fully healed for a mission"

"A mission?"

"We have had reports that the nine tails chakra has been sensed in close proximity to the village. For a few weeks I have ordered highly skilled ninja to track the beast and get a rough location on its whereabouts. I fear that the nine tails will get too close to the village and attack. I have come up with a plan in hopes to capture it, then if we are lucky then we can seal him away."

"Okay...so who will be joining me?" I say leaning forward, curious to find out who this air head has partnered me with. I'm not always the best at team work.

"There will be two other jonin"

"And..."

"And..." Hasirama mirrors me anxiously.

"Hashirama I know you haven't only just put me with two other people, everyone knows high ranking missions need at least four members in a squad, who is the fourth?" Just then another knock sounds at my door. I shoot daggers at Hashirama as I have picked up on his chakra. "You have got to be joking"

"Well don't be shy, invite him in." Silence. "Come in Madara!" hashirama says with his voice high pitched.

"You summoned me?"

"Yes, welcome Madara. As you can see this is where our good old y/n has been recovering for the past few weeks"

"You keep saying the phase 'old' and I'll happily use that forbidden jutsu on you again" I snap.

"Oh so you were the one to have that technique used on them the first time?" Madara say's intrigued.

"We going off topic here. So I have a mission for you both Madara, I urge you to accept as I trust no one else to be more capable"

Madara is briefed on the mission so we are both on the same page.

"When do we leave?"

"Well, if y/n feels she is able, I'm really hoping tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll do it" I sigh "but tell me why Tobi isn't joining us?" I don't know why but my eyes are pulled towards Madara scowling at the mention of Tobi's name.