Never The Bride But Always The Bridesmaid |Yeonjun|

I have been friends with Yeonjun since elementary school. We did everything together and were basically inseparable. Everyone laughed as we grew older joking that we were so close that we'd get married one day. I grew feelings for him and it only grew into high school. That's when everything went downhill. Where I fucked myself over by introducing Yeonjun to one of my best friends who transferred schools. I didn't think about the possible consequences I would later face. My friends, Hana and Yeonjun grew close quickly. Which caused a rift between both Hana and Yeonjun's friendship with me. Every time I asked Yeonjun if he wanted to hang out he always responded saying Hana asked him to hang out. Our text messages were only one-word responses on his end and when we hung out he always had to leave early. I felt like I was thrown away like a banana peel. At school, Hana laughed at every cheesy joke Yeonjun told her. My spot next to Yeonjun's with our friends turned into her spot. I watched their obvious flirting for weeks as they grew from getting closer and secretly holding their hands to just not bothering to hide it at all. One day Yeonjun and Hana seemed giddy.

"We have to tell you guys something" Yeonjun smiled looking at us happily.

"We are officially dating!" Hana said a bit too loud out of excitement. I could feel my heart cracking at that sentence.

"Congrats" I gave off a fake smile glancing at Yeonjun hoping he'd fall for the smile but he wasn't looking my way. His gaze was on her, his eyes filled with admiration.

That whole lunch period I pretended to be okay. I got backstabbed by someone whom I thought I could trust. I told Hana before she transferred I liked him she even listened to me talk about him in middle school. I felt angry at myself for not telling him sooner. As school went by pretending was getting exhausting. I closed myself off and put the walls up that Yeonjun knocked down back up. Once we graduated most of us went to different colleges but of course, Hana and Yeonjun decided to go to the same college. I blocked them out focusing on my studies. My other friends went to other schools so I was left alone. Once I got my bachelor's degree I quickly went to find a job to busy myself from going insane. It worked finally but it didn't last long. I got a text from Yeonjun the last one I got was two years ago asking for the notes he missed. The message read to meet him at a restaurant mentioning our other friends were going to be there next week. I debated on whether to go or not getting a gut feeling not to. I checked my calendar for some reason hoping I would be busy but I was free. I hesitantly responded letting him know I was going.

I looked at myself in the mirror after sending the text. I cleaned myself up more than I did in high school. I lost weight but that was because of my workout routine to get the body shape I wanted. I started to actually care about how I dressed and looked. Bad hair day? Baseball hat with simple clothes. Style my clothes that'll match with a trendy outfit. Simply going to the store? Flare leggings with a cute sweater. I also started to use hygiene products. In high school I was the typical student who accidentally turned stuff in late, either falling asleep or close to it, and not getting the greatest grades.

I sighed and put my phone on the charger lying on my bed in my oversized shirt and shorts while staring at the ceiling. My mind raced trying to figure out what could possibly be so important that he wanted a reunion at a fancy restaurant. The last time I checked he wasn't one for making such luxury plans for something so simple. I closed my eyes ready to sleep before I heard my phone ping. I looked at my phone annoyed by the sudden noise. I turned my phone over and saw I got a text message from Soobin asking if I got the invite.

"Yeah, why?" I texted.

"When he meant friends I just wanted to know" He replied which made me raise an eyebrow.

"I'm pretty sure he meant Kai, Taehyun, and Beomgyu too"

"Just making sure I'm not going in blindly lol"