9

*

*

*

*

*

Severus Snape was a slytherin, and Slytherins were the opposite of Gryffindors. They do not run towards the danger. No, never. They run far away from it, and Severus did just that.

Fuck the ought. He cannot protect Lily's child when he has no idea if she's even alive. Hell, not even her parents knew, which was saying something.

Over the years Severus' love for Lily had deminished greatly. The woman he knew from childhood was now unrecognisable. She did things young Lily would've never done, like abandon her child and never bothered to check on her because a dead man said so.

He blamed Potter of course, the foolish Gryffindor had corrupt his lily along with his equally foolish friends.

He was done helping. It was obvious they'd lost a long time ago, there was no need to stay, no reason to help.

Severus had traveled far away from Britain the moment he recovered from his injuries, and now he was in a remote village somewhere in west Africa, living his life freely.

The Slytherin was currently sitting with the villagers 'round a camp fire, listening to stories about magic long forgotten.

It was interesting how magic was free around there. Both muggles and wizards lived together in peace without any limit to their magic. They did not use wands too, or utter spells to do magic. They just pointed their fingers and thought of what they wanted and bam!, its fulfilled. The only times they uttered words when using magic was when they say incantations for rituals which was necessary.

Severus loved it there.

But Severus had forgotten about something very important, Something he should've never forgotten.

That his former Lord does not show mercy to traitors, and would find them wherever they were, no matter how long it took.

He really did not expect to be found so soon, though.

He'd excused himself to use the rest room, only to come face to face with his doom.

"Hello Severus". A figure stepped out of the shadows, with a deadeater's mask on. But by the voice, the long white hair, and the grey eyes, Severus quickly recognised him.

"Lucius". He called back calmly, but deep inside he was frightened. How on earth did the dark lord find him?. "I presume you're here to assassinate me".

Lucius didn't say a word, he began to fire spells at Severus, and Severus did not stand still to die, he immediately fought back.

It was a fight to the dead.

No one came to help him, after all lord voldemort did not discrimate, magic was magic after all, and he appreciated all of it.

What if most of the villagers were his ally?, They were powerful after all, and that was all that matters.

Severus had walked right into a trap without realising it. For if Lucius failed to kill him, the villagers would do it themselves.

There was no way out for the grumpy man.

After all, actions truly have consequences.

*****

The first task was quite interesting. Cruella had fun practising spells on the poor dragon until it collapsed, dead.