7

*

*

*

*

*

Gringotts was crowded as always, and the goblins were grumpy, as always.

Cruella was quiet as they walked towards an office for the blood test. She'd been accompanied by lady Malfoy and one of the older students from her school to ensure her 'safety'.

Cruella chuckled when those words left her headmistress' mouth. It was like the woman was set on torturing her student for who knows what, cause the only help the student was to her was the satisfaction she was getting from the girl's unmasked fear.

''You can go in''. The goblin that was excurting them said after knocking on the red wooden door once. He or she then turned away and left.

Lady Malfoy went in first, however when the student(Cruella did not know her name and she didn't care to ask) tried to enter Cruella stopped her and gave her a sweet smile(the girl visibly shivered). ''You stay here''.

The girl just nodded and moved aside for Cruella to enter. She did, closing the door right at the girl's face.

The goblin and lady Malfoy had already greeted each other and had settled down, waiting for her.

Cruella sat next to the woman and stared at the hidious creature before her. ''Greetings sir goblin''.

''Greetings, Miss Cruella. According to lady Malfoy, you're here for a blood test, correct?''.

''Yes''.

The goblin took out a parchment from the drawer below him and handed cruella a long golden needle. ''All we need is a drop of blood''.

Cruella smirked and complied.

Once the blood dropped on the parchment it began to form words, and soon, it was complete.

Lady Malfoy took it and read, she placed a hand on her mouth, a look of joy and relief in her eyes. ''I knew it''.

*************

''Sirius was captured''. Arthur said grimly. ''He was sent to trial immediately and he's...''. He paused.

''He's what!?''. James asked desperately.

''He was sentenced to death''. Alice and Lily covered their mouths in disbelieve while Molly began bawling. ''They tried every means to make him talk, but to no avail, he was very strong''.

There was silence except for the wailings and quiet cries. Everyone was trying to process the fact that another of their members was dead and gone.

''That's it''. Frank broke the silence. ''This has gone too far, we need to find our kids and leave''.

''What are you saying Frank?, we cannot give up now!''.

''Are you even hearing yourself Lily?, there is nothing more to stand up for!, we've lost! We've lost a long time ago yet here we are, many years later, still fighting a pointless fight!''.

''Frank, you are being unreasonable''.

''Unreasonable?''. He gave James a 'seriously' look. ''James when was the last time you saw your daughter?''.

''You know we did what we did for their own protection''.

''LOOK at what happened to Sirius', See how it ended up for him!''.

''Frank, relax''.

''Don't tell me you're taking their side love''.

Alice sighed and placed a hand on her husband's shoulder. ''James is right sweetie, we did what we needed to do''.

''Alice, my mother won't even look at me?, She outright refused to let me talk to our so...''.

''Wait, what?, when did you even talk to Lady Longbottom''. Lily asked, cutting him off.

Frank went silent.

Remus sighed. ''He visited her, of course''.

''When?''. Alice asked, getting pissed. ''And you were about to say she refused to let you see our son, right?, What do you mean by that?, our son is somewhere no one can find him, you said so!?'!.

Frank sighed, here it goes. ''I went to see her three nights ago. It wasn't to see her really!, I just, I found out Neville wasn't where we left him...my mother had found out the location we hid him and took him''.

''What!?, when did that happened!?''.

Frank sighed. ''Ten years ago''.

Alice's eyes widened. ''How...how didn't we know?''.

''Because we never cared to even check on him''. He sighed and turned away from his wife and walked towards the main door. He opened it and stopped. ''My biggest regret, is ever listening to that old fool...now look at us''. He left with a bang on the door, leaving his friends and colleagues to think about the decisions they'd made many years ago.

**********

Ginevra Weasley knew what it felt like to have a bad name, she'd had to live with it her whole life, and it was damn exhausting.

All her life, she'd just wanted to fit in, to have friends, and just live a normal life, but thanks to her parents that was never going to happen.

Not only were they useless to society, but they were also one of the few people who still supports Dumbledore, even after the man's dead. It may sound like true loyalty to some, but Ginevra believed it was just plain stupidity. She had read about Dumbledore from their small library, and the man's beliefs were just ridiculous..'Wizardkind and muggles should live as one'..'muggles should be protected'...muggles this muggles that, it was all just nonsense. Ginevra couldn't understand why the man loved muggles so much after what they did to his sister.. And basically his whole family, but she'd thought for someone who believed every life counts that the first thing that should come to mind was to protect magical children born in muggle families. Since the dark lord came to power the magical world had discovered the amount of abused magical children was far more than can be imagined. The darklord had immediately ensured their safety. Not only that, but he also strenghtened the secrecy wards around the magical world because even though muggles were more openminded, Wizardkind couldn't just forget the massacre of their kind many years ago. Who said muggles wouldn't use them for their gifts or experiment on them just out of 'curiousity'. It was dangerous, and they all knew it now since they weren't so oblivious of muggles as before. The darklord had made sure they learned about muggles and their technology. Now they had scientist who study and enhanced muggle technology with magic, making it possible for magic to work like electricity that empowers most of their electronics. That way their magic won't disrupt any device when they are in the same room.

Everything was far better than it was once upon a time, and Ginevra liked it. But her parents and two of her brothers Percy and Ronald can't just knock some sense into their heads and see what's in front of them. This was the very reason Charlie and Bill felt, and soon the twins would follow, leaving her to deal with her crazy parents and brothers.

She sighed. Why was life so unfair to her?.

"Ginevra Weasley, right?".

Ginevra looked up from her notebook to see a familiar face staring back at her with a small smile.

She gulped. "Ye_yes?".

Cruella's smile widened. "I want us to talk, about what you saw the other week".

Ginevra looked ready to piss herself. She had doubted that De vil saw her that day, but now, now she was sure the girl did.

This wasn't going to end right.