4

*

*

*

*

*

The day for the champions to be selected was nigh and Lord Slytherin was looking forward to it. He had left Hogwarts in the care of one of his most trusted servants, Rodolphus Lestrange, who was the current headmaster.

Lord Slytherin sighed as he continued to torture the poor souls on the floor. The two individuals had somehow found a way to break into his manor to 'assassinate' him. Tom knew there was no way they could've broken in unless one of his most trusted followers had betrayed him and told them the secret location, after all the manor was the deatheaters' headquarter.

Of course, all his followers thought it was where he lived as well, but he wasn't stupid, he would never let a single soul know where he truly lived, aftet all he trusted no one. The manor was only one of the gaunt's property, and he lived in the Slytherin manor, a place more secured than even Hogwarts itself.

Tom had been in his actual manor when he was alerted of intruders in the Gaunt one. Since the whole house had different traps in place for morons like those two, he did not have to worry about them.

He allowed his house to torture them a bit while he remained in his manor sipping some good tea. After hours he had finally made his way to the Gaunt manor and found the two screaming their lungs out on the floor. He only found a comfortable couch to sit on in one of the corners and took out his wand to add to their pain.

When he noticed they were soon going to die he cancelled the torture spell and quickly slipped into their minds. He learned that they were both part of the rogues, the wizards and witches who refused to join him. He also learned who betrayed him, and even much more than he had hoped for.

His grin was villainous once he withdrew from their minds. Tom got up and started towards the fireplace.

He had lots of poor souls to torture.

*****

'

''He_He knows''. Severus Snape came stumbling out of the fireplace, badly wounded and barely holding himself. ''Vo_voldemort knows. He killed them..Tonks, Kingsley....''. He immediately spat out blood cutting himself off. The shocked figures in the small kitchen immediately got out of their stunned state and ran towards the professor.

''Get him to the coach''. A woman with long brown hair, beautiful brown eyes to match, and a tanned skin ordered the men.

A black haired man and a red haired helped Snape to the coach.

''Careful Sirius!''. The red haired hissed at him when Snape groaned in discomfort.

Sirius rolled his eyes. ''Am being careful Arthur, it's not my fault he's so heavy''.

''This is not the time to be bickering boys''. A red haired woman warned. She looked absolutely worried. ''Alice, I'll stop the bleeding, you run a diagnosis''.

Alice nodded and did just that while the red haired woman started chanting incantations to stop the bleeding.

''Lily, how's he?''.

''I don't know Remus, but he'll live''.

''He needs a healer''.

''All the healers we know are either at Hogwarts or St. Mungos, two places we can't set foot in''. Alice pointed out.

The fire place once again lit up and everyone watched as a crying Molly stepped out of it. ''He_he tortured my baby''.

''Molly, what do you mean? Who tortured who?''. Arthur was immediately by her side.

Molly calmed down a bit and explained. ''All they told me was that my Ron did something bad, but he didn't deserve to be tortured to the point of near dead! My baby is now laying in St. Mungos unconcious!''. Molly started crying hysterically and Arthur looked pissed.

''The darklord needs to be stopped, and quick!''.

''What do you think we've been doing Arthur? Sleeping?''. Sirius rolled his eyes. ''Things are worst now. Kingsley and Tonk are dead...''. Molly gasped at the news and began crying harder. ''The darklord knows that Snape's a spy, and we are out of ideas!''. The man sighed. ''There's no hope''.

''Don't say that Sirius, we need to try...''.

Sirius glared at him. ''Try what James? We've tried everything, yet nothing's working! We should be focusing on how to get our children out of Hogwarts, not assassinate the darklord! Which, by the way, has proven to be impossible multiple times!''.

''Sirius! That's enough!''. Arthur barked at him.

He threw his hands in frustration and began walking out of the room. ''Fine then! I'll just go get my girl away from that place and get the hell out of this country! You all can stay and fight a pointless fight!''.

James sighed when he heard the door upstairs banged close. ''I'll go talk to him''.

''This is not good''. Frank, who had been silent, commented after James left. ''I agree with Sirius on this one, we need to focus on getting our kids out first''.

''I don't know Frank, If anything goes wrong...''. Lily paused, unable to finish that sentence.

Frank sighed. ''I know Lily, I know''.

____________

''The champion of Dumstrang is...''. The headmaster looked at the slightly burnt paper. ''Viktor Krum!''.

The Dumstrang students clapped for their champion as he made his way out of the hall and into a small room.

''The champion of Beauxbaton is... Fleur Delocour!''. The Beauxbaton students cheered for the half veela.

''And finally, the champion of Hogwarts..''. The Hogwarts students waited eagerly. ''...Cedric Diggory!''. They cheered loudly, especially the hufflepuffs, as Cedric left the hall.

The three champions had been chosen and that marked the end of the ceremony.

...but the goblet of fire suddenly lit up and one more paper flew out of it.

Confused, Rodolphus Lestrange caught it midair and read out the name written in it with barely contained shock. ''Cruella Malfoy''. He called out quietly, but everyone heard in the silent hall.

''Malfoy?''. Pansy Parkinson whispered in shock as she stared at Draco, who in turn was staring at the amused white and black haired girl as she got up.

Everyone gasped in disbelieve.

''Malfoy? She's a Malfoy?''.

''She must be related to the Malfoys.''.

''She does look like it''.

''Am so confused right now''.

And the whispers went on and on.

Cruella was amused and angry at the same time.

Amused that someone found out her real name and was foolish enough to put it in the cup..

And angry they did so without her permission.

Its official, someone's gonna pay alright.