5

*

*

*

*

*

People were (naturally) outraged that a fourteen year old was forced to compete in the dangerous turnament and wanted her out immediately. But the thing was, it was impossible. There was absolutely no way for a champion to back down after being chosen.

The other thing was, she was a Malfoy.

Which confused the hell out of everyone.

It was no secret the Malfoys in Britain were the only surviving members of their family, so who was this Cruella Malfoy, and where did she come from.

''All I know, is that my last name's Malfoy''. Cruella answered during an interview with Rita Skeeter. ''De vil is only my middle name''.

''What about your family members? Your parents?''.

''They are all dead''.

''How?''.

''I don't see how that's any of your business''.

Skeeter smiled tightly as her pen scribbled away. Cruella was quiet impressed at the blond, she must have gone through numerous threats to have tolerated her presence. But Cruella did not like her, no, not after the nonsense she would write about her in the prophet right after the interview and wand weighing ceremony.

Cruella was going to make her pay for that.

***********************************

Ever since the dark lord took over rules had been set and taken away.

One of the most important rules included was that muggleborns are to be taken away from their parents right after birth and replaced with a squib or a dead babe if necessary. This muggleborns are then given to capable wizarding families and get blood adopted once they reached the age of three.

Hermione Lestrange was one of the babies taken away from her real parents, but she did not mind, not at all. Her life was good after all, being the only child of the lestranges and getting spoiled rotten. She was intelligent, powerful, and an outright brat.

Everyone in Slytherin knew her as the ice queen after she bested Daphne Greengrass(the former ice queen) in a dual during second year.

She was known to be the most powerful witch in her year, that was, until that good for nothing Cruella De vil came along.

Hermione hated how her heart would beat fast in fear whenever this Cruella was near, she hated how her followers admired the weird bitch and the amount of power she possessed. It was unfair to the brunette, no one in her year was allowed to be more powerful than her!. The attention wasn't focused on her anymore, and Hermione did not like it one bit.

'De vil may be more powerful than me, but she isn't as intelligent'. Hermione thought one day with a wicked sneer. 'For as long as she's here, I'll make her life miserable'.

The first thing Hermione did was make some research on the girl, and though it was extremely hard, with the connection she had she quickly found out Cruella was a famous clothe designer in France and was the genius behind most of her favourite robes and dresses(Hermione made a quick note to burn them all), But what really caught her attention was the girl's last name. It wasn't De vil, it was Malfoy.

At first Hermione had no idea what to do with that information, but after much thinking, she had the perfect idea.

She knew she was underaged and couldn't by pass the age limit her father had put around the goblet, but that didn't mean someone of age couldn't do the job for her. It was no secret that many of the seventh year boys had a massive crush on her, She was just that gorgeous okay. With a little manipulation, Hermione had one of them do her dirty job for her with no problem.

Hermione was more than delighted when Cruella's name was called. She had written the girl's full name under some random school that didn't even exist, but that did the trick, Cruella would no doubt die during the turnament.

''Hopefully she dies during the first task''. Hermione said to herself as she walked down the hallway to her next class. She had a satisfied smile on her lips. ''This year is gonna be sooo fun''.

''It is, isn't it?''.

Hermione almost had an heart attack when the centre of all her problems emerged from the shadows.

Cruella smiled a devious smile. ''My my Lestrange, Why are you shaking so much?, I haven't even touched you yet''

''Ge_Get away from me!''. The brunette stepped back fearfully.

''Or what?''. Cruella stepped forward.

Hermione stood up straight and gave a shaky and unsure smirk. ''Or my mother will hear. You haven't met her have you?, She is the darklord's right hand and one of the most powerful witches you'll ever meet. She can easily kill you and no one's going to do anything about it''.

Cruella stared blankly at the arrogant girl for awhile before she burst out laughing.

''W_why are you laughing!?''.

She sneered as her vibrant grey eyes stared at the brunette. ''Darling, you have no idea who you are really messing with, do you?''.

***********************************

''Omg, it's so cute!''.

''Is De vil..I mean Malfoy even allowed to have a puppy in Hogwarts?''.

''No. freaking. way! I want one!''.

''Look at the amount of attention you're drawing towards us Mione''. Cruella smirked, not looking back at her new pet.

The tinny brown chuwawa just barked in response, following her new mistress like the good puppy she was.

''Hello, Cruella''. A woman with black and white hair_almost like Cruella's_greeted with a kind smile once Cruella walked into the headmaster's office. Sitting at her left hand side was a man with white blond hair, and sitting at her right was Cruella's headmistress. Standing next to the desk was Headmaster Lestrange himself, who was looking at her new pet strangely. It looked like the headmaster wanted to comment on it, but he decided it was less important than their meeting.

''Miss...Malfoy''. The headmaster started hesitantly. ''This is Lord Lucius Malfoy and lady Narcissa Malfoy. When they learned about another Malfoy apart from their son here at Hogwarts they decided to come and see for themselves''. He explained before gesturing to the sit next to lady Malfoy. ''Please, sit. we'd like to know about your history. Who your parents are, and where they come from''.

Cruella sat quietly and shrugged. ''I don't know, I've never met my parents''.

They all frowned in confusion, except Cruella's headmistress.

''Then who raised you, dear?''. Lady Malfoy asked calmly, Curious.

Cruella sneered. ''I was raised by muggles, along with my twin sister. Except, we weren't really twins, and she didn't even know I existed''.

They became more confused, so Cruella decided to have pity on them and explained her full story. From how she'd lived in Estella Potter's head for years and what the Dursleys did to her, which resulted to Cruella's existence. They were all rightfully horrified, but for some reason, the Malfoys looked like they'd just realised something.

''We need to visit Gringotts''. Lady Malfoy said without hesitation. ''There's something__I don't know___but you need to take a blood test Cruella, We need to be sure''. She looked desperate, her husband no different.

Cruella just shrugged carelessly. ''Yeah, Sure, Whatever''. She, ofcause, already knew who her real parents were and why she had been stuck in Estella's head, She just wanted to fuck with everyone else, but hush, no one needed to know that.