Chapter 14

The sun is starting to rise when I get a knock on my door. My chair almost falls over when I jump over it. I swing the door wide open and see two wheels attached to golden legs. I take a few large steps out of my room and look at a still scuffed-up Sunstreaker.

"Your alive!" I exclaim.

"The cons can't take us down that easily." He smirks.

"And Sideswipe?" I ask, closing my door behind me.

His smile falls, "Barely. The blast hit him hard. Ratchet was able to stabilize him once he got me awake. But he is still in stasis for now."

"It's better than being dead." I say hopefully. Not mentioning that I'm the one who suggested Ratchet wake Sunstreaker first.

"That is true. I can feel him, but I can't talk to him. I hope he wakes up soon." he says, looking down the hall towards the med bay.

"I'm sure he will. Have faith. How is everyone else doing?" I try to change the conversation.

"All are up now. Sideswipe and Prime are the only ones still out. Jolt is finishing grounding the last few now." He explains.

"So, I can be near you now?" I ask, holding back a laugh.

"Ratchet told me you came to check up on Sides. And how he yelled at you to leave and stay away from us. But I know you touched me. How come you didn't get shocked?" He looks down at me, raising a brow ridge.

"I didn't know you'd be able to feel me. I don't know why I didn't get shocked." I know exactly why.

"I heard you too. You do care." He kneels down and whispers with a smirk on his face.

"I never said I didn't." I whisper back. "Now go back and be with your brother. He needs you."

"Come with me. He needs us both." I'm in shock as Sunstreaker puts his hand down, waiting for me to climb on.

"Never thought I'd see the day." I say out loud.

"You are the only human I will do this for. Mainly because you aren't human." He brings me up close to his face as he speaks to me.

"We've been over this. I am human." I reiterate, rolling my eyes at him.

"And you know I don't believe you." He mutters.

He doesn't let me reply and starts skating towards the med bay. I held on tightly to his thumb. Fearing for my life as my hair almost falls out of its bun. I try not to scream, but it is difficult. We are at medical in what feels like seconds. As we come to a halt, I remember why I shouldn't have been scared. A part of me wishes those fears could be real. Sunstreaker rolls into the bay, right up to Sideswipe. He places his servo next to the table and I carefully crawl off.

"He looks so peaceful." I say quietly.

"It's so unlike him and as much as I wish he was silent more often; this is not how I wanted it." Sunstreaker admits.

"I agree with you." I say, looking over the soundless twin.

I can see his face more clearly now. The indent I saw earlier is bigger than I thought it would be. It passes over his optic, over his 'nose' and to the other side down his cheek. There is another one climbing down his torso. It starts in the middle of his chest and goes down straight. I wonder if it hurt when the blast hit him. Hopefully he wakes up soon. I can see the pain in Sunstreaker's face as he look down at his silent twin. I walk over to Sideswipes servo that is resting next to him, placing my hand over his finger.