Chapter 12

A few weeks go by. After my shift is over every day, Sunstreaker meets me by the cliff. One of the days, I caught Sideswipe smiling as he watched his twin race out of the hangar as I was leaving to my room. Things seem to be improving with their relationship. They are out and about more. Laughing and having a good time. It's a joy to watch. Sunstreaker has started doing training with just the Autobots. Well, the only ones who will deal with him. Which is only a few. Decepticon activity has been low. I have a feeling it will be picking up again soon. They never wait too long before they start something.

I'm getting ready for my shift when I hear a knock on my door. I quickly finish buttoning up my trousers before answering it. Making sure my skivvy shirt is tucked in. As I open it, I see a familiar man with messy auburn hair.

"Hi Sideswipe. What's up?" I ask, stepping aside to let him in.

"I know you have a day off coming up and..." He starts.

"How do you know that?" I interrupt, crossing my arms and lean back against my now closed door.

With a sheepish look, he runs a hand through his hair, making it even more messy, "I found out." Is all he says.

"How?" I press, my voice lowering into almost a growl.

"It doesn't matter. Either way, I know, and I was able to convince Jazz to let me and my brother off too. So, we can all finally hang out together." He speaks quickly so I can't interrupt.

"Are you feeling left out?" I ask, trying not to smile.

"Yes, I am. We never hung out before and now you're with my brother every day." He whines.

"Your jealous." I let myself smile, more smirking at him.

"I am not. I'm happy you two get along." He huffs looking away from me.

"If it makes you feel better, I never asked him to hang out with me. He just does. And you're the one who asked me to help him." I point out, setting a hand on his shoulder.

"I know I did. I just didn't think he would become so attached." He sighs.

"I will hang out with you guys on my day off, but in the evening I will need to leave." His eyes light up at my words and he looks at me again.

"Really?" He smiles brightly.

"Yes, but about an hour before sunset I must go." I say.

"That's fine. We are going to have so much fun." He jumps in place. A smile plastered on his beautiful face.

"I have to finish getting ready." I step away from the door and open it. Signaling that he needs to leave.

"Right or since I'm here, you could skip work." He bites his lip, throwing a wink my way.

"Goodbye, Sideswipe." I walk behind him and start pushing him out the door.

"Come on, Hart." He lets go of his weight and it all lands on me.

"No." I struggle to say, "How are you so heavy if you're not real?"

"I am real. Everything about me is real." He stands up straight and gestures to all of him, stopping just below his crotch.

"I will change my mind about hanging out with you and Sunstreaker if you don't leave right now." I threaten.

"Fine, I'm leaving. See you later." He winks again before vanishing into thin air.

"What am I going to do about him?" I wonder out loud do myself as I close the door.

I finished getting ready. My blouse slips over my shoulders easily. My fingers fiddle with the buttons. Once finished, I head out to the hanger. Most soldiers are heading the other way as I walk down. My group looks in better spirits now that we have grown accustomed to the change. There have been one or two soldiers who switched shifts with ones from the day. I am perfectly content with the night shift. No complaining here. Though, I do miss watching the sunsets. With my day off in a few days. That's exactly what I plan to do.