|17| Dreaded Goodbye

Izuku and Katsuki braced themselves for the next attack. They couldn't come up with anything so they could only defend themselves from attacks for now. The man in the mask lunged at the two heroes with big flames of his purple fire quirk, as the two of them dodged from left to right. After a few of those attacks Nine coughed and seemed to breath heavily, due to losing his mask.

Katsuki seemed to give Deku a signal, before sending himself high up in the air and fly over the villain. Izuku didn't really understand his plan, but trusted Kacchan probably had one. He asumed the only thing he had to do was buy him time.

Izuku used one for all at low percentages to make Nine use his shields in a quick pace. All he had to do was keep him busy and one for all on higher percentages could limit his movement. The villain seemed to see through this strategy and send one of his blue dragons after the smaller hero.

Izuku could barely dodge by holding the mouth of the dragon closed with black whip. The green haired hero was being swung around by the big blue beast's movements. This made him unable to attack more, so quickly saw Nine's attention going to the blonde still behind him.

Katsuki made the building shake with a big explosion and the villain already had his shield ready to block the attack with ease. The shields break any impact the explosion had, but suddenly the room fills with a foggy smoke.

That's exactly what the blonde hero had expected. He hadn't aimed at the villain, but at one of the packages on the flat-belt conveyer. The drugs the people had paired with some of his parents clothes, made perfect smoke bombs.

The white powder spread all throughout the air, as Katsuki held his hand in front of his mouth and prepared to blew up other packages full of the white illegal substance. The man was already having a hard time breathing. This would not only block his lungs, but also make him lose all sense.

Suddenly another package filled the room with the foggy white dust, as now also Izuku seemed to understand Kacchan's brilliant plan. The blonde smirked and yelled "go die!" quickly before than grabbing the ropes around both his parents and sending them both to the top of the building with an explosion.

Izuku instantly followed his example when his lungs seemed to give out. They both coughed and breathed heavily at the lost air from these past moments. They could hear the man coughing and choking beneath them. Blue dragons came up to ceiling window they were hiding from the smoke, but quickly they lost their power, when the man fell unconcious.

The blonde quickly released his parents and hugged them shortly. Izuku watched in bewilderment at the sight, but before he could voice his confusion, the blonde reached out for him and held him in a tight hug.

"We made it Deku" he spoke with great relief, but also pride. Katsuki couldn't deny he had missed this euphoric feeling. The feeling of winning had always been a big part of the blonde's life, but that feeling had never felt the same since he started working.

Izuku tried tapping on the blonde's back for release, because the embrace was pretty tight and his lungs were still recovering from the fight. "Ka-Ka-Kacchan" he stuttered between the man's arms and chest "Can't breath"

The blonde let go of the smaller man and watched him deep in the eyes. "I think I've finally found it" he said with the brightest smile that Izuku had ever seen before on the blonde's face. "What?" Izuku asked confused, only to get an even more confusing answer.

"What was missing"

_______________

Izuku held onto his now new suitcase with some things from home and the clothes he bought with Kacchan. That same man was standing beside him now. They were both silent, as if they both admitted they had dreaded this moment.

The greenette had to go back to Tokyo. There was his carreer, his dream and his people, but even then standing in front of a train after this single week suddenly felt wrong.

This past few week had consisted of more joy and excitement than the past 8 years. There was no way Izuku could deny that. That's what made it hard to leave. He wondered what made this place so much different.

It was probably just the nostalgia of being back home and seeing old friends and getting to see old places that had been his only world when Izuku was only a kid. A part of him told himself that that was probably what was missing in Tokyo.

He still saw Almight everyday, so how could that not carry enough of his childhood memories? Almight had been his idol, throughout all his life. If there was one person that could fill these empty voids in the back of his mind, it should be his life long hero, right?

His gut didn't want to reply to that dangerous question. The answer would be too confronting, so Izuku kept the words unanswered. He sighed softly into his coat and glanced at the tall beautiful man beside him.

"This week was amazing" Izuku brightly beamed with joy and gave the blonde his usual bright smile. "Thank you for taking care of me" he announced his gratitude. Which didn't seem to be recieved well by the blonde. The train approached form afar.

Katsuki just stared into the distance. How could this morron be so okay with just leaving. Was he the only one who had put this day off? Had he been the sole person to think this felt too right to be changed?

Before the blonde could arrange his thoughts, the smaller figure embraced his chest in a tight hug. Izuku couldn't help but hold back some soft sobs. He hoped the blonde wouldn't notice, but the shuddering between their bodies was immediately obvious to the other man.

"Bye Kacchan" Izuku said with the same fake smile from before, but now with teary eyes, he had just tried to wipe. Izuku let go and pulled his suitcase with him towards the train. Kacchan stared at the greenette's back that created distance.

This week's effect will probably fly by like it's nothing, but still the blonde couldn't think their lives wouldn't be changed by these new memories. He couldn't believe he already had to let go of the missing thing he had just found.

It was probably all just purily some delusion from the greenette's drunken kiss. It was probably all Deku's fault he was overthinking this this much and he wouldn't let that nerd have an effect on him.

He would just wave at the passing train and forget about all this. Just like the nerd was planning to do anyway, but even with all those promises to his future self his lips let two words slip that would later change everything.

"Deku wait"