Chapter Four

"Morning." Adam smiles as I walk into the kitchen.

"Morning." I smile.

"Sleep okay?" Amy asks pouring me a cup of coffee.

"Yeah. You weren't kidding when you said Grace was a cuddly sleeper...How about you?"

"Can't say I didn't warn you." She laughs. "I slept well. Not feeling great today though..."

"Amy..." Adam sighs. "You should be careful."

Amy rolls her eyes.

"Adam chill. My Mum got smashed when she was pregnant with me all the time. This was the first time I've been drunk so calm down."

"I just worry." He says as he walks over and places his hands on her bump.

"I forgot how funny you are when you're drunk." I say to Amy.

I smile as I remember drunken Amy last night.

"You're quite amusing yourself." She replies.

I just stick my tongue out in reply.

"Good morning." Grace groans.

I turn to see her standing in the door way. Looking like death.

"Pain killers?" Adam offers.

Grace nods. Adam hands her a pain killer and I go to the fridge. I grab some juice.

I sit up at the table and sip my juice.

"Who wants waffles?" Amy asks.

"Urg." I groan. "So many waffles."

"Delicious but so filling..." Grace moans, putting her hands on her stomach.

We turn to see Amy making more.

"Really Amy? More?"

"I'm eating for two. The baby wants more." Amy defends herself.

Once Amy has stuffed herself full of waffles we re-locate to the couch.

"Let's watch a film!" Grace grins.

"Which one?"

Grace gets up and scans over the films. I rest my head on Amy's shoulder. Grace comes back to the couch and The Blaire Witch Project starts.

"Oi don't fall asleep." Amy nudges me.

"I'm not. I'm resting my eyes." I reply.

"No sleeping. 'Cause then you won't sleep tonight and you have a big day tomorrow."

"I do?"

"Yeah. It's your first day of school."

"I have to go to school?!"

"No. I'm gonna let you skive off education for three months."

"Hey look Megs, your sarcasm is rubbing off on her." Adam smirks.

I stick my tongue out at him.

Once the movie is over I shower and get ready. Grace is taking us out for lunch before she leaves to go back home.

I pull my long sleeved black and white stripped T-shirt over my head. Then I pull a brush through my hair. I lightly black my eyes and darken my lips.

I slip into my red patent Dr Martens and grab my denim jacket. I join the others in the lounge.

"Hey are those mine?" Amy asks pointing to the jeans I'm wearing.

Crap she noticed. I'm wearing the jeans that she was trying to get into the other day.

"Um... No."

She raises her eyebrow.

"Maybe. Okay yes."

"They suit you." She smiles. "But they still look better on me."

"Can we go? I'm hungry." Adam whines.

"You're so impatient." Amy laughs.

Grace gathers all her things and then we leave.

"So where are we going to eat?" I ask.

"Burgers." Amy quickly answers.

"Baby cravings?"

She nods.

We pull up outside a diner. It looks pretty nice from the outside. Like a proper sixties burger joint. We get out and go inside. Ooo it even has Elvis playing and waitresses on roller-skates.

We're shown to a booth in the corner. I sit down on the cushioned sofa seat and rest my arms on the cold metal table. A skating blonde girl takes our drink orders.

She returns with four incredibly yummy looking chocolate milkshakes and a coke.

I look over the menu. I want to order it all. I sip my shake. The cool and chocolately thick liquid slides down my throat.

"Can I take your order?"

"A double cheese burger with large chips and a large side of onion rings." Amy orders.

"No wonder she can't get into her skinny jeans." Grace whispers to me.

I bite my lip trying not to burst into laughter.

We continue our orders and the waitress is quick to return with our food. A grin appears as my chicken burger comes into sight. I'm quick to tuck in and my God it's heavenly.

All too soon my burger has been devoured along with my salad and chips. I resort to sneaking Amy's onion rings when she isn't looking.

"Hey! Where'd my onion rings go? I swear I had more." She pouts.

"The onion ring gnome is the only logical explanation." Grace smiles.

We finish up our drinks and food and then go.

I give Grace a hug goodbye.

"Have a good first day tomorrow." She smiles.

I groan. "Don't remind me."

She chuckles and pulls me into another hug.

"Be good. I'll see you soon okay?"

I nod. Amy says bye and then we go back to the car.

When we get back in Amy and I head straight for the couch. She flicks through the channels and settles on Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

I rest my head on her shoulder and she wraps an arm around me.

We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening watching TV and talking. It was good.

"Right time for bed." Amy says rising.

I stand up too.

"Big day tomorrow." She grins knowingly at me. "Sucker."

I stick my tongue out and hug my sister and little niece or nephew goodnight.

"Night Meg."

"Night Adam. See you in the morning."

I give him a quick hug and then go to my room. I change into my pyjamas and slip into bed.

I'm not particularly looking forward to tomorrow.