36.

Sorry for making you wait so long
Enjoy reading <3

//

Kayden Merikh

"What will you drink?" Jake asked with his back to me, opening a cabinet.

I made my way towards the liquor cabinets, took out a bottle and began walking towards his office.

I saw Jake in my peripheral vision, looking at me with glasses in his hands as I walked past him.

"Guess we don't need one of these," I heard Jake say and he entered the office with only one glass.

He sat in front of his numerous computers and rubbed his hands together, "Let's begin."

Last night I barely got any sleep. I almost drove to Jake's place to get answers but stopped myself. Fucking Lyn had definitely eased some tension from my body.

After around 10 minutes of me pacing behind his chair and annoying him to be quick as I took occasional swigs from the bottle, Jake leaned back in his chair.

"It's done. What do you wanna see?" Jake asked.

I quickly stepped behind where he was seated. "Texts," I said and leaned down to look at the screen closely.

Jake clicked a few buttons and the screen displayed her contacts.

Candice
She wants this specific shade of red for...

Justin
Will be there in 5

"Justin." Jake clicked on the name and the chats displayed on the screen.

Justin:
Sent yesterday 9:16 pm :
Atleast try

Justin:
Received yesterday 9:16 pm :
I'm nervous to talk to her *face hiding emoji*
Will be there in 5

"Exit," I said and my eyes went to the next contact.

Zack
I tried my best to push him but he won't do it

"Zack."

Zack:
Sent yesterday 9:15 pm :
And why are we not making a fucking group chat?
It'll be a lot easier to talk

Zack:
Received yesterday 9:16 pm :
I don't know how to make one
Also he thinks I don't know about this but my spying skills are amazing *smirking emoji*

Zack:
Sent yesterday 9:20 pm:
Yeah forgot about that

Zack:
Received yesterday 9:20 pm :
Man's a fucking pussy
She literally made the first move

Zack:
Sent yesterday 9:21 pm :
I tried my best to push him but he won't do it

"Exit," I said, starting to lose my patience.

"If I remember correctly, you said you think she has told someone about our business." Jake spoke from beside me.

"That's exactly why-" I stopped when my eyes landed on the next contact.

Ron
I know love

Every muscle in my body tensed.

"Ron." I said, already feeling the sweat dripping down my temple in this air-conditioned room.

Ron:
Sent yesterday 6:56 pm :
I miss you already 

I felt something weird in my stomach.