32.

!WARNING! VIOLENCE AHEAD

//

Kayden Merikh

I knew I wanted to see her when I returned. But there wasn't enough alcohol in my system to actually call her over.

So as I exited the elevator, my legs carried me straight towards the wall of liquor cabinets to the right of the hallway entry. I grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels and went to the common bathroom to fix myself.

I didn't call her to help me, but she did as soon as her eyes landed on me. Her skin touching mine after two weeks made me feel something weird in my stomach. Or maybe it was just the alcohol.

I guess it was the latter.

I really wanted to bicker with her and listen to her talk back. But I turned mute as soon as she came closer.

My head too distracted taking in her details like the gold fleeks around her pupils, the light freckles on her nose and cheeks, her soft lips, the small, barely visible beauty spot over her upper lip bow.

I was in a trance the entire time she did something on my face. And for some reason I didn't want to get out of it.

I don't know how my hands ended up on her waist after our little banter, and they turned cold soon after they lost contact from her warmth seeping through her tshirt.

My gut twisted a little when I watched her leave the bathroom to bring the ice pack. I followed after a few seconds, for some reason thinking that she'd leave. But watching her walk towards the kitchen and not the elevator made me relax.

After she placed the ice pack on my back I knew she would leave after sometime. Before I could think, my mouth started moving, confessing the little lie I told her.

But it ended up with me letting her in a small part of my past, in an attempt to make her stay. Just a little longer if not the night.

I don't know how it would've made her stay though.

The alcohol in my system threatened to spill out of my mouth when I started giving her a summary of my childhood. It was like I was reliving every second of the torturous time.

Only Jake, Ricco and a few people know about it. But I volunteeringly told it to only Jake.

Second person added to the list I guess.

Even though I said all that to make her stay somehow, but in the end, I waited for her to back off. It was just the tip of the iceberg but it was enough to make anyone run away and never look back.

I tightened my hold on her leg somewhere in between to soak in her warmth for the last time, and then let loose. But she didn't move.

A breath, which I don't remember holding, escaped my mouth.

Later when she started talking about her childhood, every muscle in my body became taut in attention. And by the time she finished, they burned with rage.

I remembered the times like when I slammed the lighter, when I closed the door behind her and other few simple incidents that made her flinch.

After hearing her and her mother getting physically abused, I know the reason why. It made me so fucking insane for some reason that I wanted to hunt him down.

Imagining a drunkard bastard hitting a smaller version of the woman in front of me just because she wasn't a boy filled me with rage.

When she looked down at me and her glossy hazel eyes clashed with mine.....I found myself looking for words of consolation.