Chapter 2: Keep Them Kisses Coming

Taraji Pov

Taraji Pov

I'd been working with my vocal coach long before we started shooting the film, I mean come on if I'm gonna be singing with Fantasia I gotta bring it. She's such a talented singer. Even though I could hold a tune myself she kind of made me feel insecure.

We both stood in the middle as the music played and fantasia begins to sing...

            🎶 Is that me
Who's floating away
Lifted up to the clouds by your kiss ,
Never felt nothin' like this ...🎶

She's so mesmerizing when she sings it's very easy to get lost in her tune ... Her passion for singing is just an amazing experience to even witness... Something about her voice just does something to me I can't quite explain it, thinking to myself before singing my part.

🎶Will you be my light in the storm ,
Will I see a new world in your eyes...🎶

I could tell everybody was shocked that I could even sing everyones mouth dropped and eyes got wide I could see Danielle cheesing across the room screaming
"Okayyy Taraji" !

I chuckle, but continue to sing grabbing Fantasia's hands as we sing our part together she smiles at me as we stare into each other's eyes swaying. I've never been sang to before , not like this anyway my heart flutters. We finish the song and right before we were supposed to kiss Blitz yells,
"Cut"!

I suck my teeth, but not loud enough for anyone but myself to hear. I can't explain this feeling I'm having I wanted to kiss her, I wanted her to kiss me back. I quickly take my seat before anyone realized the slight attitude I had.

I sit back and Tasia squeezes my arm "You did good mama ! See I told you, you got it" ! I look over at her blushing and smile, yeah still feels like I need to work on it some more. "What are you doing later"? Slightly shifting my body towards her. "Maybe we can get together after rehearsal, I can whip us up something, and we can go over the song and stuff". If you're okay with that of course.

"Yeah sure", Tasia says smiling .Here give me your phone I'll put my number in just text me the address and I'll pull up, or I can help you cook you know I'm a southern woman so you know I gets down in the kitchen, I don't play she says laughing in the mist.

"Well maybe I should let you cook for me instead". I say jokingly raising my eyebrow.

"Well T, I'm down either way".

We finsh up for the day and say our goodbyes. " I'll see you later Fantasia" , I say to her waving before opening the car door.

"Okay. Just text me".

I head to the grocery store "dang" what should i get ? Really contemplating on what to cook for us, why am I overthinking this we're just rehearsing it's not that deep, let me chill .

I finally decide on honey garlic salmon and shrimp, garlic roasted potatoes , broccolini. and a chocolate cream pie for dessert ."Okay ". Let me text Fantasia, I say to myself before putting the food in the oven to keep it warm.

Taraji: Hey boo, Just making sure we're still on for tonight.
Fantasia: Yeah. Just waiting on you to send the address
Taraji: 225 peach tree avenue
Fantasia: Okay, on the way 😊
Fantasia: About 45 mins away...

I put my phone down after reading her text. I hadn't had a moment to just breath and relax, I've been up since 8am so I decided to take a hot steamy bubble bath since it would take her awhile to get here anyway, the water felt so good after washing i just laid there relaxing, daydreaming about our kiss from earlier in the studio, as Synergy by UMI plays in the background . I've never actually been with a woman, but I'd always been curious on what it was like.

The sound of my phone ringing quickly interrupts my thoughts, I smile after seeing it was Fantasia immediately going into to panic mode after realizing I completely lost track of time "oh shit". I quickly get out the tub and answer the phone. "Hello".

"Hey T, I'm outside let me in".

"Okay". Here I come .... I hurry up and grab my robe and slip into my slides before opening the door for her.
"Hey, sorry I just got out the tub time kind of got away from me. Come on in make yourself at home.

"Mmmh, It Smells good in here T".

"Well wait till you actually taste it",I say winking at her. It's plenty of optional drinks in the fridge help yourself to whatever, I'll be right back. I run upstairs to my bedroom to change. After a few mins of looking I settle for a tank top and some shorts to put on before heading back downstairs.

"What you cook T I'm hungry" ? Tasia says, slightly pouting.

"Well here let me fix us a plate".Grab the wine out the fridge for me. I sat our plates on the table and poured us both a glass of wine. We chat for a bit while enjoying the meal I prepared, and simply enjoying each other's company we both got to know more about the other.

After a while I clear the dishes, and cut a slice of the chocolate cream pie grabbing two forks for us both to share before moving into the living room. "Omg"! This is so good, rolling her eyes in pleasure like she was having a food orgasm. It's gonna go straight to my booty though, Tasia says as she stands up smacking her ass.

We both giggle, "Girl you so crazy" ! But anyway, I have a question ...

"Yeah wassup"She says, shoving another piece the pie in her mouth "How did you feel about the kiss earlier, was it okay "?

Tasia slightly smirks as she slowly slides the fork out her mouth then licking the excess chocolate from her bottom lip. "Yeah, it was okay". Why? Do you think we still need more practice ?

"Well, We want it to be perfect". I mean after all Celie and Shug were lovers it has to be believable. She turns to me and takes the plate of pie from my hand and places it on the coffee table scooting closer to me before caressing my cheek and pressing her soft lips into mine.

I lean back into the couch a bit and allow her to take over, finally our tongues getting the chance to dance once again. The sweet and creamy taste of chocolate from her lip now intertwining in our exchanged saliva.

Both of us allowing soft moans to escape into one another's mouths as we continue to kiss, she grabs my waist gently squeezing it a bit and pulling me even closer to her before laying fully on top in between my legs we go at it for a while , I was getting turned on slowly grinding my pelvic into her body she slowly pulls away, Her eyes greeting mine before uttering ...

"Is that believable enough for you"?