first love

7pm

sohee breathed out a deep breath while watching the sunset, his knees and knuckles were bleeding from taking a few falls from skating.

his parents left him alone in the town and left to go to seoul cause his younger brother needed medical treatment.

all they did was left him a note and money.. then they disappeared into thin air..

he felt a few tears drop but he quickly wiped them to hide his sorrow.

he got up and went home, not wanting to skate anymore.

~~
next day,
10am

sohee woke up to a silent house, usually his dad would be having conversations with his mom while eating breakfast to get ready for work.

but, today? no breakfast, and no parents..

he sighed and rubbed his eyes, wanting to fall asleep again.

all of a sudden the doorbell rang.

sohee sat up and rubbed his face, seeing his bedhead in the mirror he didn't care how he looked.

he opened the door to see a girl in yellow overalls and pink clips in her hair.

" hello, i just moved in with my family. i'm your next door neighbor, you can call me y/n. " you bowed

sohee had his eyes squinted, still unable to grasp the situation.

" oh i brought you rice cake.. they taste better microwaved " you smiled and handed him a box of rice cakes.

" i'm sohee " he bows back.

you saw many cuts and injuries on his hands and knees but you minded your own business and didn't ask much.

" see you around sohee " you smiled and left.

sohee watched as you hurried away with your box of rice cake, for some reason he felt happy..

he closed the front door and hurried to shower, he brushed his teeth and combed his hair.

" you got this " he looked at himself in the mirror before hurrying out the door.

he eventually caught up to you with his skateboard and wanted to hangout with you.

" hi " you smile at the cute boy you met earlier.

" i figured i could help you out " he grabbed the box from you and placed it on his skateboard, he tied the bottom of the skateboard with a rope and pulled it along like a trolley.

" wow! thank you! " you smiled.

" soo what brings you to this small town? " sohee asks.

" my mom's family is here. my father divorced my mom, even though he's the one who abused us... so my mom and i decided we never wanna see him ever again. so we moved here " you smile.

" sorry about that " sohee lowered his head.

" it's totally fine! relax " you punch his arm playfully.

" my parents ditched me to go to seoul, my brother is sick and needed hospital treatment from specialists. so they wrote a note and poof ! " he spoke.

" really..? " you ask.

" yeah " he shrugs.

" well, you can come over to my house for dinner tonight, my mom makes amazing kimchi jigae! " you exclaimed.

" i love kimchi jigae!! " sohee jumps happily.

~~
8pm

" eat up pumpkins " your mom lifted the lid off a pot of boiling hot red soup.