a new place

POV nick,
These were tough and difficult weeks for both Charlie and me, but fortunately the judge allowed Charlie to come live here. Charlie and I were both very happy that he can now live at our home and even though Charlie still has to fight for his recovery for a long time, he is well on its way and I am proud of that. I am so grateful that my mother was able to arrange it and that she was happy for Charlie to come live here.

POV Charlie,
I can officially start recovering. I now live with Nick and Sarah and I am grateful for that. I take small steps every day and it is nice to be in a family where you know warmth and love. Sarah really takes me and my food into account, which is nice, but it also feels like a kind of burden or something. I still have a feeding tube but it's okay so I don't have to eat as much and I've gotten used to it now. Only cleaning and changing remain difficult. Today the doctor is coming home to explain to me how I can replace my own tube and I find it a bit scary to be very honest. Because I never like to do that, but I have to.

Pov nick
The doctor arrives just before Charlie explains everything to bring the tube himself. Me and my mother are nearby and watch how horrible Charlie thinks it is, but also how well he is actually doing. Me and my mother smile at each other and then look at Charlie together again. Tears are rolling down his cheeks and it hurts me to see that. After about 10 minutes the doctor is ready, Charlie breathes a sigh of relief and asks if I want to come see him. I sit next to him and he cries into me and I pull him into a hug. Char you did a great job I'm proud of you. And I place a kiss on his forehead. Today Charlie has had a lot of tension and it shows because he falls asleep on my chest while crying.