sixteen.

JUST AS Vienna thought all the commotion was over, the pack ran out into the open

JUST AS Vienna thought all the commotion was over, the pack ran out into the open. The screen showed Lucy Gray's panicked face, the pack cornering her as she tried to escape.

Scouting the area, the remaining district twelve tribute tried to run through the direction with the most open space. Sliding in the same direction, Treech blocked the girl, stopping her from making her escape.

"Stay right there," Treech called out to Lucy Gray, remembering to keep his distance from the girl, just as Vienna told him.

Vienna's conflicted emotions stirred as she observed Treech's agile move, blocking Lucy Gray's path. Despite the gravity of the situation, she found an unexpected allure in the way Treech presented himself. She resisted acknowledging his attractiveness, fully aware that he was engaged in the dangerous pursuit of hunting and attempting to take a life.

Yet an inexplicable connection seemed to form within her, anticipating the moment Treech would exit the arena. He had made it this far, and Vienna couldn't shake the thought that he might actually make it out alive. If she played her cards right, not only would she win the Plinth prize, making her parents happy, but Treech would return to her, just as he promised.

The pack was closing in, and Lucy Gray had no where to run; her time was officially up. Vienna felt herself sighing in relief—another tribute gone, and in no time, the games would be over.

As Tanner brought Lucy Gray down with his chain, she grunted in pain, reaching for a rock near her. Throwing it at Treech, although she missed, it still managed to irritate him.

"Hey Coral, do you mind if I take this one?" He joked, walking closer to the girl on the floor.

"Not a chance."

Lifting her trident above her head and giving it a little twirl, Coral was prepared to attack the defeated girl.
However, before she could do anything, a drone flew past her, causing her to duck out of the way. If she had not gotten out of the way, it would've crashed right into her.

More drones came crashing right into Tanner's back, and he fell with a scream. Another flew directly at Treech, who deflected it with his axe, sending it straight into Coral.

The rest of the drones crashed into Mizzen and Treech, knocking them both to the ground with the rest of the pack. Lucy Gray, on the other hand, was perfectly unharmed, no doubt from Coriolanus's work.

Vienna was furious. Once again, Coriolanus got out of another sticky situation, leaving others in pain. She didn't know what his problem was, but he needed to fix his attitude before she fixed it for him. He was not about to ruin everything for her.

Vienna wasn't able to stop herself as she jumped out of her seat, screaming at Coriolanus and his actions. "Coriolanus! You can't attack the tributes."