four.

AS VIENNA followed Coriolanus into the classroom doors, the only thing heard were the sounds of her heels hitting the floor

AS VIENNA followed Coriolanus into the classroom doors, the only thing heard were the sounds of her heels hitting the floor. The entire class was silent, staring at the two late students as they made their way to their seats. The late entrance had already become the subject of speculation among the classmates, and Vienna could feel the scrutiny that accompanied each step.

Ignoring the judgmental gazes, Vienna took her seat next to Felix, maintaining her natural composure. Felix leaned in and whispered, "Quite the entrance, Vienna. Here and the Capitol Zoo."

Vienna was about to respond to her friend before she was interrupted by Dean Highbottom, who had been quiet during their entrance. "Your little excursion was in violation of about five different Academy rules, Ms. Hawthorne and Mr. Snow. Chief amongst them: endangering two Capitol students"

Vienna looked towards Coriolanus, figuring it was best to let him take the lead on this. "What? Who?" Coriolanus asked, looking confused at the Dean.

"You and Ms. Hawthorne. I'm moving for the game-maker's to disqualify the both of you as mentors immediately." Dean Highbottom didn't look up once; his focus stayed on the papers on his desk.

"I dragged Vienna in that van with me, so don't punish her. Either way, you said we had to get our tributes to perform. Not that we had to stay away."

Vienna had no idea why Coriolanus was trying to get her out of trouble, but she didn't need his help. "With all due respect, I introduced Treech to Lucky on my own. Coriolanus had no part in that, no matter how hard he tries to take credit."

Both Coriolanus and Dean Highbottom ignored Vienna, causing her to let out a huff as she leaned back in her seat. Vienna tuned out of the conversation once she saw Felix give a playful smirk due to her attitude.

Vienna was pulled away from her thoughts upon hearing Arachne call her name. "And you, Vienna, holding his hand, giving him a bracelet to match that stupid butterfly necklace of yours? What would your parents think?"

Vienna winced at the mention of her parents'. Arachne knew it was a touchy subject and still used it against Vienna every single time.

"I was simply getting the Capitol to like him, Arachne. If they like him, then there is a better chance of me winning the prize." Vienna explained this to the pigtailed girl. It was true—Vienna needed to win the prize to prove to her parents she wasn't a disappointment.

"What about you, Ms. Hawthorne? You are always competing with Mr. Snow; will I see you helping him and Ms. Dovecote with these new ideas for my games?" She had no idea what was going on in the class anymore. It seemed as if she tuned out for a while, as Dr. Gaul was now standing in front of her. Vienna was shocked at how close the woman was as she began speaking to her.