The party

POV

After making love, and our talk we had to hurry to get ready. Gio had picked everything out for us to match from my dress and his suit to our Masquerade masks.

My dress all black and lace overage, with a deep v- neck line, and slip of the front so my leg would show

The ceremony was fast. And if you've seen any Mafia documentary you know what happens. The venue for the party looked more like a castle. Light brick walls, and spot lights every ten feet or so shining up at the building. A red carpet cover the the steps up to the front door. The guest list consisted of close to 300 people. Gio said that was actually pretty small, which blew my mind. What would our wedding be then?

I look up at his beautiful face as he speaks with an associate. I don't know why but I just want to remember the way he looks. It's the first time all week that I haven't seen his jaw tense. I look around the room in search of the bar. After finding it, I lightly tap his arm. He bends down to me "I'm going to run to the bar and get a drink. I'll be right back."

He brings his mouth close to my ear "okay, don't speak to anyone you don't know and come right back." I nod my head and quickly get to the bar. I used my keep my head down, and not make eye contact with anyone technique. The bartender takes my order and gets to work.

Looking around I see Gio still talking to the same man. A few feet a way his dad is talking to someone else. A my eye continue to search I feel an arm brush against my back and a hand rests on my hip. "Looking for someone Principessa?" Nico.

I turn to face his with a playful skirm on my lips. "Yes, actually I was. I was doing a head count, and you were the only one missing. I take a step back to check him out. He's wearing something very similar to Gio.

"You look stunning Amore Mio." I feel my blush rise in my cheeks and thank god for the mask. "Even with your mask I can still see your beautiful blush," I slap his chest and take a sip of my drink.

"So wheres your date?" I ask looking around.

"Ha, no date for me bella. I need to be on my toes. Having a woman I don't care for trying distract me would not work." To that I say nothing, there's no point. "Care to dance?" he puts one arm behind his back the other out waiting for my hand.

"Wont that be distracting?"

"Nope, it'll be helpful, see as how you are the one I'm guarding."

"WHAT??" I whisper yell.

"Gio knew he wouldn't be able to be with you every second of the night as there would be alot of people who would want to talk to him and congratulate him. So he put me on Aurora watch." He smirks as takes my hand to lead me to the dance floor.
As we take our position I put my hand on his shoulder and he takes my other in his. His free arm goes around my back dangerously close to my ass. 
"Easy Nico, you're reaching a little low back there". He smiles leaning into my ear bringing my body closer to his "Relax Baby Girl, I won't break any rules."