Chapter 8

NOLAN • POV

I was mildly panicked when I returned to the house, having driven over the speed limit in an effort to reach my men as fast as possible. While Maseo hadn't sounded in danger or massively upset, there was something small and unsure about his tone when he'd admitted he wanted to hear my voice that had alarm bells instinctively blaring in my head.

Although his admission that he needed me was like the biggest fucking vote of confidence in establishing my presence in his life as his support system for Reuben, his reliable Master and his partner, I couldn't celebrate the fact that he was hurting at all. Even if the evolving trust between us made my heart sing and my dominant tendencies thrum with happiness.

Pushing through the front door, I stepped inside, immediately calling out for Maseo. Instead of Maseo, Eva came skirting into the hall, and leapt up onto my chest with a happy yowl that eased most of my panic immediately. I hugged her tightly, scratching beneath her chin as I quickly toed off my shoes and went searching for my handsome as fuck Daddy and our sassy, beautiful boy, determined to find them both in one, working piece.

The sound of splashing and the occasional, muffled, high-pitched scream reached my ears from the floor above and I headed upstairs, jogging up the steps, following the noise to the main, family bathroom. The sounds were clearer now, and I blew out a relieved breath, hearing Reuben's mischievous laughter and Maseo's deep, chastising murmurs.

Eva, wanting no part of their madness, bumped her head under my chin affectionately and wiggled to get free. I put her down and opened the closed bathroom door, without knocking, stepping inside. I was not surprised to find Reuben in the bath, with what seemed like every single rgb, flashing toy in the entire world inside with him, along with a ridiculous amount of bubbles.

The bathroom was lit up like a disco, the floor was drenched, and there were inappropriate, lewd drawings across the tiles that walled one side of the bath, obviously drawn on by Reuben with a watersafe crayon.

Both men froze, turning to face me with equal parts guilt, amusement and embarrassment on Maseo's part. He was kneeling outside the bath, also drenched in water. Reuben was on his back, floating like a rubber ducky, a bubble moustache on his face, long lean body almost submerged in the soapy water, aside from his cock, which was bobbing comically across his stomach.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" I sighed, trying to keep a straight face, but it was really impossible with the two of them staring at me like caught deer, the multiple buttcheeks on the walls, the wet... well everything... and Reuben's bobbing cock. It was all just a bit too ridiculous.

"I'm taking a bath!" Reuben announced happily, the first to cast aside his guilt and acquire the confidence of 'no shame, no regrets'. "Daddy is also taking a bath," he announced, before cupping water and flinging it at Maseo's face.

"Hey!" Maseo yelped as water splattered his cheeks and ran down his thick neck, but there was no anger behind it.

By the looks of things, it wasn't the first time he'd been soaked. His work shirt was unbuttoned deliciously low, and the wet material was see-through now, his muscular body completely visible beneath. His wet, pierced, stiff nipples were trying to cut their way out of his shirt and immediately, I was hard.

"Stop it, you little shit." I told Reuben, when he went to scoop another handful of soapy water. "Before Daddy or I slip and break our necks, boy. I'll come back and haunt you," I threatened him as I stepped over the puddles and soap suds to reach Maseo's side. He was blinking those siren eyes up at me, curled eyelashes spiked with water, which was still running along the divots of his sculpted face.