Chapter 2

NOLAN • POV

"I have control issues."

The admission rolled so easily off my tongue, I might as well have been announcing what day of the week it was. Although, it had taken many years of growing and learning as a person for me to be comfortable saying it in such a way where I accepted the fact as being a part of who I was and not a shameful secret to hide.

I watched surprise cross Maseo's face, but there was no judgement to follow, just confusion and eagerness for an explanation, which I planned on giving him. Though I had to smile and admire the gorgeous planes of his face first. Even caught off guard, he was the most attractive man in the room and it was so amusing and endearing that he truly didn't realise.

He was so gorgeous and so strikingly beautiful that he stole breath from my lungs and made even my beating heart pause whenever I looked at him. All dark brown skin, smooth and unblemished. Those fucking eyes, olive green, unique and naturally sultry without even trying.

I could get lost in them, bewitched by their alluring shade. He had literal siren eyes and he didn't even realise how powerful a trait that was.

Every man and woman in this bar wanted him, but he was mine. I'd had to kiss him and stake my claim. It was ridiculous the way he attracted the lustful gazes of strangers like a magnet, and I commended Reuben for being able to fight off Maseo's admirers for so long.

I could tell this was going to be a recurring battle. Our oblivious Daddy was just too damn sexy for his own good.

He was dressed in a smart, grey shirt that only highlighted the unusual colour of his eyes, and I wanted to unbutton it, reveal even more of his pure, brown skin, unmarked and beautiful. I wanted to uncover all his piercings, lick them and tease them. They were all over him like treasures, shining gold, decorating his ears and nose.

His nipples were pierced too and if his own nipples were as sensitive as my own, I could only fantasise about the pretty sounds he'd make while I tugged and teased them with my tongue. My erection, still holding strong from the remaining sparks of our kiss, throbbed needily, wanting to devour the man across from me, desperate to feel his warmth.

I was a dominant, I was proud of my self discipline and control, but Maseo Pascal had a way of undermining it all. His attraction was like a drug, dangerous and addictive. Clearing my throat, trying to get back on topic, I adjusted my cock inside my slacks and gave said, attractive man, my full attention.

"I've always wanted to be in control of my own life and of the lives of others, since I was old enough to leave for Vet school. My therapist told me it was because my parents were quite... dysfunctional. We were always moving, always unorganised, always disruptive, and when I was a kid, not having a routine was a source of anxiety for me," I explained, and Maseo's gaze softened.

He squeezed my fingers where we were still holding our hands over the tabletop. I accepted the comfort for what it was.

"I have many siblings and that meant I had no personal possessions and my personal boundaries were often imposed upon. I was loved, I had a great childhood and I love my brothers and sisters, but it was quite traumatising. When I was finally old enough to be on my own and I realised I now had the ability to own and keep my possessions, my own time and my own interests, it became a fixation of sorts."

I sighed. I'd been controlling over everything, from what I wore, to what I ate, even when. I'd planned my days down to each second, counting my belongings obsessively. Anger was often my go-to reaction when I felt out of control, but it was mostly a mask for the anxiety.